UserForm giving error for only 3 users out of 50

• Hi All,

Looking for some help with a very odd problem that I just cannot get to the bottom of. We have userform that individuals use to keep track of their workload and it works flawlessly for the vast majority of the users but some get a Object Variable or With Block error. This occurs when they try to initialize the form with:

Code
    1. Private Sub userForm_Initialize()
    2. EntryForm.Controls("DateBox1").Value = Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy")
    3. End Sub

Or if we comment this out later on at the validation stage:

Code
    1. Set timeBox = EntryForm.Controls("TimeBox" & x)
    2. Set compBox = EntryForm.Controls("CompletedBox" & x)
    3.     If timeBox.Text <> "" And Not IsNumeric(timeBox.Text) Then

It is worth stating that if we let them get to the validation stage the form is showing on screen and they can fill it in with no issues, only when they submit the data for validation does it fail.

It appears that these select users cannot access / reference the userform or the objects contained within it. Does this make sense to anyone? Is there a setting they will have somewhere that is causing it to fail for them?

Thank you in advance for your time and help with this.

• Hi All,

I have a theory that an addin unique to these individuals may be at fault. I am going to be able to test this tomorrow morning with them and post back if it is the source of the issue.

Thank you.

• Thanks Roy. I believe from further investigation today that the fault actually sits in the individuals system profile's. They were migrated to a new environment recently and believe a mistake has been made when this occurred. Investigating it now but given they have all had this occur and the people it works for have not I am 98% sure it is the culprit.

Thank you again.