Subtotal Multiple Dynamic Rows

• I have a worksheet with multiple dynamic “cost categories”.

The code I am working on searches cells in column “B”. If Cell contains the string “Subtotal”, then sum columns (I:S). The rows above are dynamic in each cost category.

Lastly, there should be a Total Row at the bottom of the sheet with a Sum of all Subtotals.

I have attached a sample worksheet with code.

SbTtl_Mult_Dyn_Rng.xlsm

• Roy,

This code is part of a larger project.

I am a cost estimator for a general contractor.

This workbook is will ultimately be a template for use by myself and others..... I think.

The user will be able to build the estimate by doing the following-

- Click on a button to add a new "Cost Code" with a single row, in that row, the user can add a description or task.

- Another button will add an additional row within the Cost Code category to add tasks. Rows are inserted with formulas.

- additional buttons for various views.

I have attached the full worksheet below to hopefully give you a better understanding of what I am trying to do.

Estimate Template 08.21.21.xlsm

I have successfully written, or I should say searched for and modified code gleaned from this forum and others to get the worksheet to the point I described above.

And now I'm stuck!

I am not a coder, but I love what you guys do. It's the magic behind the scenes.

Why do I need code to enter formulas? Call it the next step in my quest to better understand this magic called VBA.

If what I am trying to do with the subtotal is poor judgment, then please, point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any input