Comparing a reference Row to multiple Rows

• Hello,

I need help in creating a VBA macro that would compare a row/template to multiple rows then be highlighted if there are differences.

This is the template:

Template Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms
    Template1 1 5 Fixed 60

And the below records should be checked if they are in line with the template above. If not, they should be highlighted:

Attached the file for reference.

Hope you can help!

Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms
    1 5 Variable 30
    3 3 Fixed 60
    1 5 Fixed 60
    2 4 Fixed Variable

Files

• Sample.xlsx

(9.05 kB, downloaded 17 times, last: )
  • Try this

Your sample file with code is attached, click the button.

Files

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• Would it be possible to highlight just the difference and not the whole row?

Template

Data:

TemplateLoanInterest RateInterest TypeTerms
    Template115Fixed60
    LoanInterest RateInterest TypeTerms
    15Variable30

Thank you!

• Change the code to this

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.

• You're welcome

Hello!

I'm back here again. Was wondering if it would be possible for the template columns do be dynamic as well?

I saw in the code that :

Application.ScreenUpdating = 0

With Sheet1

x = .[e2].Resize(, 4)

y = .[e6].CurrentRegion

Which limits the checking into 4 columns. Was wondering if it is possible to make it dynamic so that user can add/remove columns from the template.

thank you!

• Will the headers in the template always exactly match all the data headers?

• Attach another sample workbook showing various templates and the corresponding data

• Hi KjBox,

what I mean is that the count of headers of template and the data would always be the same.

The template can always be changed but the data will always be dependent on the template in terms of checking values.

Example 1:

Template Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms
    Template1 1 5 Fixed 60
    Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms
    1 5 Variable 30

Example 2

Template Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms Discount Advance Payment
    Template1 1 5 Fixed 60 20% 0
    Loan Interest Rate Interest Type Terms Discount Advance Payment
    1 5 Variable 30 10% 10000

Hope this helps :)

• Try this

• You're welcome, thanks for the "Like"