Sort Multi-Column List Box by Clicking Header / Date Format Issue

• Hi,

I have a list box and I want to be able to sort it by clicking or double clicking on the header of each column. Is this even possible?

I have 7 columns: Tracking Number, Location, Date Received, Date Moved, Date Completed, Submitted By and Submitted On.

I've attached the document.

Also, when I update the record the date formatting changes. When I save the initial record, the date format is dd-mmm-yyyy, but when I update it, it puts the date format exactly how you enter it in the date textbox.

For instance, when I save the initial record as 6/1/21, it puts it in the spreadsheet and list box as 01-Jun-2021, but when I update the record and type 6/1/21, it puts it in the spreadsheet and list box as 6/1/21.

It's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance because the date format isn't uniform.

• Hi,

I'm not a programmer.... :)

Try to format all txt......(who have data)...

In button UPDATE

Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 3).Value = Format(txtReceived, "dd.mmm.YYYY") put data in your format mm/dd/yy or mmm/dd/yyyy ...

Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 4).Value = Format(txtMoved, "dd.mmm.YYYY")

Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 5).Value = Format(txtCompleted, "dd.mmm.yyyy")

Change everywhere you need.

• This sounds similar to my reply to your other post:

Search for partial value

So try changing:

Code
    1. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 3).Value = txtReceived
    2. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 4).Value = txtMoved
    3. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 5).Value = txtCompleted

to:

Code
    1. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 3).Value = DateValue(Format(txtReceived, "mm/dd/yyyy"))
    2. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 4).Value = DateValue(Format(txtMoved, "mm/dd/yyyy"))
    3. Sheets("Worksheet").Cells(y, 5).Value = DateValue(Format(txtCompleted, "mm/dd/yyyy"))

In terms of your other request:

I have a list box and I want to be able to sort it by clicking or double clicking on the header of each column.

I assume you are referring to the data starting at A5 on the sheet called Worksheet.

If so, I've added a Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick event to the Sheet1 code which should enable to sort by double clicking on any of the headers in A5 to G5.

Sample is attached.

Possible Tracking Number Database Version 3-sort cols.xlsm

• Is there no way to click or double click on the header within the list box to sort the data? Would I have to create "invisible" buttons over top of each header?

• This example is taken from a more complex form which is part of a bundle that I created.

You select the column to sort using the ComboBox then click the appropriate sort button