Search and Replace complete row values

• Hi

I m need help to write VBA code for Search value from excel employee data base for replace employee duty any shift (due to any reason) with another employee from reserve . How write VBA for search reserve employee details and replace with employee code(unique) detailed. Please help asap.

• Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)

Do not know how familiar you are with Excel ...

But, as a beginner, you could turn on your macro recorder ....

and use Control H in order to replace ... and see the " VBA translation " of your actions ...

You could, then, optimize your macro ...

Hope this will help

:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thank you for reply..

I can understand but if I do it as micro record for replace particular employee (its record specific range rows and column, ) here my problem not solve due to its replace always particular range. I want replace empid3. Now I selected employee code 3 and want it replaced with reserve employee with empire 13...How do it can help

• Hello again,

Your explanation is not very clear ...

Could you modify your sample file to show the two situations : Before and After ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

I m attaching files ,where workbook have sheets

1-db(data base)

2-search (main sheet ..Have 4 add button for add employee in shift 1,2,3 and 4 from reserve employee,like R01,R02...

And another button for replaced employee (empid 1,2,3....)

I have problem to delete employee details with respect input box (emp id -1,2....)from shift 1, 2 3 and 4.

So please help to write bna for delete employee details row with respect input box, and replace a employee with reserve ..Also deleted employee details save on another sheet for backup(backemp sheet).

Please help suggest best way anybody.

• Hello Jay,

Had a quick look at your workbook ... which is extremely confusing in many aspects ....

First question is : at this stage, is it the macro called Sub Button1_Click() located in Module 1 that you need to fix ...?