How to automatically add new ranges to formulas in new rows?

• Hi,

So I am wanting to query a range in row with COUNT and COUNTIF queries. But I'm wanting to do this for one range in each row below, but the range reference is different in each rows.

I have manually set each range (96 of them/96 rows), but how do I avoid having to manually write/copy/paste the range ref into every new set of formulas for each new row?

In the picture below/attatched I am showing the formulas with the range set in upper rows. But I can't figure out how to automatically copy the range reference in the second coloumn into the COUNT/COUNTIF queries in the cells to its right.

Any help would be so massively appreciated.

Thanks

Cor

• Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)

Sadly ... images are inert objects ... totally useless ...:thumbdown:

Why don't you attach a sample file to illustrate precisely your objective ...;)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thanks for the quick reply. Fille attached.

So, the source data I want to query is shaded yellow. For each row the range of the data I want to query varies. ie different coloumns. My issue is how do I/can I automatically generate a COUNT/COUNTIF query in each row which uses teh unique range I have set up for that row (Shaded Green)

Normally I would just copy down, but I can't because the coloumns for the range change for each row.

I hope that makes sense?

Cor_test_file.xlsx

• Thanks for your test file ...

You request looks strange to me ... but attached is a proposal ...

If it is not what you are looking for ... do not hesitate to post back ...

:)

Files

• Test Cor.xlsx

(11.92 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)