Double click range to strikethrough and clear strikethrough

• I have worked out how to double click on a range in a worksheet to strike through the value, is there a way i can also double click the same range to un-strikethrough ? I have tried playing about with very basic IF statements but cant seem to figure it out.

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    2. Range("B2:P2").Select
    3. Selection.Font.Strikethrough = True
    4. End Sub
  • Hello,

You could test the following

Code
    1. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    2. If Target.Row <> 2 Then Exit Sub
    3. Range("B2:P2").Font.Strikethrough = Not (Range("B2:P2").Font.Strikethrough)
    4. Cancel = True
    5. End Sub

Hope this will help

:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• That is brilliant thanks, works exactly as i was hoping. Without taking anymore of your time up could you breakdown line 2 of the code for me please, what is <> 2 actually doing. Its good to know rather than just copy and pasting :)

Thanks for your time

• Glad to hear this could help you out :)

Thanks for your Thanks ...AND for the Like :thumbup:

Line # 2 translates into : " if User double-clicks on a row different than row 2 exit the event macro " ...;)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Indeed, it can be modified to be dynamic ...

But you will need to be more precise ... ;) or even better attach a sample file for a tailor-made solution ...

• Below is a guess for your specific situation

Code
    2. ' Dynamic Version : Area within which Event Macro operates = B2:P10 - to be adjusted to your situation
    3. If Intersect(Target, Range("B2:P10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    4. Dim x As Long: x = Target.Row
    5. Range("B" & x & ":P" & x).Font.Strikethrough = Not (Range("B" & x & ":P" & x).Font.Strikethrough)
    6. Cancel = True
    7. End Sub

Hope this will help

• Hi Carim, Its so close :)

I have modified so that the code will work for all the ranges in column B & P, how do i add this code to pick up ranges in B&P : W&AN : AW&BJ. Hope this makes sense, i have been playing about trying to work it out myself but keep getting debug. If i'm honest i can pick up the basics but this is a bit beyond me.

Code
    2. If Intersect(Target, Range("B2:P23")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    3. Dim x As Long: x = Target.Row
    4. Range("B" & x & ":P" & x).Font.Strikethrough = Not (Range("B" & x & ":P" & x).Font.Strikethrough)
    5. Cancel = True
    6. End Sub
  • My crystal ball is broken ... ;(

How do you want me to guess the ranges which are in front of your eyes ... :S

Why don't you just list them ... !!!

• Below is my second ... and last guess ...

Hope this will help

• Hi Carim, sorry to hear about your crystal ball being broke :P

Apologies my explanation even sounds painful to me when i read it back. I have tried the above code and it works perfectly.......and all off guess work :)

I really do appreciate your help with resolving this. I have been reading up on the intersect / Union to try and gain some understanding, it's slowly making sense but i struggle to put it all together to work, if that makes sense.

Again thank you for taking your free time out to help