VBA code for exact and closely matching text

• Hi All

I'm looking for a VBA code for exact and closely matching text.

Please find the scenario below

If I enter any of the regions(AD,FE,EU) in another new excel sheet, then it must extract the codes from column D closely matching along with the region name in column E

E.g. If I enter Aalborg, then result must appear like below

Search Criteria : Aalborg

Results :

Code
    1. DKAAL - Aalborg
    2. DKROR - Aalborg Portland Cementfabrikk
    3. NLALB - Aalburg
  • Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)

Why would you need a macro ... when a simple AutoFilter can do the job ...

see your test file attached

Hope this will help

:)

Files

• Test MAC.xlsm

(7.57 MB, downloaded 51 times, last: )

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thank you so much, Carim for your valuable time. But the task which assigned by my employer has specified to use Macro only. Can we use Autofilter in vba code?? Please share your suggestions.

• Carim, I have attached solution for exact matches but I couldn't figure it out for closely matches.

For eg:

If I enter "Zebra" in the highlighted box (Exact Image. PNG Attachment), My result should also include Zebre, Zabra, Zabre, Zebea.

Please do let me know if any additional details are required.

• Hello,

For sure you know images are totally inert objects ... and by consequence TOTALLY USELESS ...:cursing::thumbdown:

As already indicated ... attaching an Excel file is the solution ...!!!:thumbup:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Sub Textmatch()

Sheets("FMA").Select

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table1").Range.AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:= _

Sheet4.Range("F4"), Operator:=xlAnd

Range("D2:E111554").Select

Selection.Copy

Sheets("Approach 3").Select

Range("B8").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _

:=False, Transpose:=False

Range("D4:E4").Select

Sheets("FMA").Select

ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table1").Range.AutoFilter Field:=5

Sheets("Approach 3").Select

Range("D4:E4").Select

End Sub

Could you please tell how to declare variables in the above code?

Files

• FMA.xlsm

(7.73 MB, downloaded 51 times, last: )
  • Hello,

May be a simplified macro as follows :

Hope this will help

• Glad you could fix your problem :)

Thanks for your Thanks ...AND for the Like :thumbup:

• Oh thanks for highlighting, Carim. Do you know how to make cells not to move in excel? In other words, I need only one cell to be accessible. I have used protect sheet feature but i could switch to another cell. But i don't want even to move it. I hope you understand my question. I will be waiting for your reply, Carim. please enlighten me if its possible.

• Hello,

For your last question ... it is a two-step process

1. Select the Cell and format it as UnLocked

2. From Main Menu, select Protect Sheet

Hope this will help