Changing cells on separate sheets, working from a master

• I am trying to create a document which will keep track of products arriving and when they will arrive,

i would like the product, stages of production and date in which the stages change.

I would like one master sheet and then individual sheets for my customer and when i change the date of arrival of a product it will look for this product on their individual sheets and change their date to match the master

I would like it to link up with other sheets where people can see there own stock, eg. if i change product A to in production it will then look for that product on a different sheet and change the status and date to match the master sheet.

i don't know if this is possible at all or where to start???!!!

HELP

• Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)

The very first step is to build all your draft sheets ... even with fake data ...

in order to have a mock-up and a sample file to attach ...;)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Carim

Changed the title of the thread from “Changing cells on seperate sheets, working from a master” to “Changing cells on separate sheets, working from a master”.
  • Hello again,

Sadly a picture is a totally inert object ... so totally useless ...:huh:

Believe or not ... in an Excel Forum ...what does make sense ... is ... yes ... an Excel File ...:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

It would seem that, for your current tracking system, you are storing the same data for each customer ... is that right ?

Regarding your question ... attached is a sample test file

Hope this will help

:)

Files