How to use comma in a single worksheet to separate decimals.

• Hi,

In my workbook, I have prices with four digits after dot like "25.000"; while considering this is formulated number format, in another sheet I want to display it as "25,000" with a comma instead of dot. If I change it through Options > Advanced > Decimal Separator, everything works like a charm but everything becomes to have changed! However, I just want to change it for numbers in a worksheet only. How can I use comma for numbers without breaking other dots? Thank you.

[SIZE=4]"I don’t pretend we have all the answers. But the questions are certainly worth thinking about."
    Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    [/SIZE]

• Hello,

When you say

while considering this is formulated number format,

Do your mean these ' Numbers ' are actually typed in as Text ...???

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Nope, Not at all, Carim. They are formatted as numbers that their decimals increased to four digits.

[SIZE=4]"I don’t pretend we have all the answers. But the questions are certainly worth thinking about."
    Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    [/SIZE]

• As you know the decimal separator is set at the Application level ...

so the next question is the following :

Is your objective only a display issue ... or are we talking about numbers which should continue to act as actual numbers ???

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• As you know the decimal separator is set at the Application level ...

so the next question is the following :

Is your objective only a display issue ... or are we talking about numbers which should continue to act as actual numbers ???

Just a display matter. I just want to display as if they are separated by commas instead of dots in another sheet while keeping actual format as dots.

Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    [/SIZE]

• Great ...

So a simple solution is to create a Custom Format ... say 00,00

And then use formula :

Code
    1. =A1*100

Hope this will help

:)

• I AM CRYING OF HAPIINESS :')<3<3<3 THANK YOU!

Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    [/SIZE]

• I AM CRYING OF HAPIINESS :')<3<3<3 THANK YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS on your CREATIVITY to come up with the most Uncommon Excel challenges ....:S:S:S

Thanks for Thanks ... AND for the Like :thumbup: