INDEX MATCH across sheets

• Hi

I have attached a testfile which will hopefully assist anyone kind enough to help.

Basically, in the student tracker sheet I want to be able to pull the attendance and late data of the student in each row from the Log sheet into the blue and yellow cells.

I need it to match the names in the student tracker file with the log file and then pull the attendance and late figures.

I have tried {=index(Log!E:E,MATCH(StudentTracker!A6&StudentTracker!B6&StudentTracker!C6,Log!A7:A1636&Log!B7:B1636&Log!C7:C1636,0))} where the cell references are from my larger 'real' file but get no luck

Totally appreciate my attempt may be completely wrong!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

J

• Hello,

If my understanding of the 'confidential coding' is right ...;)

Attached is your test file

Hope this will help

:)

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello again,

To make things really clear ...

Had to draw the conclusion that your Log sheet is holding the Full Name ... whereas in your StudentTracker sheet, you do need to combine Column A with Column B in order to come up with the same Full Name ...

Should my approach be wrong ... thanks for clarifying what your actual file displays ...:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thanks for this, i had to tweak the order of the formula to make it work as the match was =INDEX(Log!E:E,MATCH(B530&" "&A530,Log!A:A,0)) - my fault! but weirdly its only picked up 10 of the 50 students who I have attendance data for.

Any ideas why when I have filled down it hasn't picked up all 50?

Jeff

• Hello,

The very thing you should check is the consistency of your column of Full Names with a space in between the Surname and the First Name ... since this could prevent your formula from working properly ...;)

• Quite honestly ... without taking a look at your file ... tough to guess what differs from the sample file and your real life workbook ...