Help with count of row for unique records

• HI all

i am working on automating the recon process which is coming out from the source file. It with three tabs
    a) DataSource
    b) Summary
    c) Recon

DataSource is the actual data for a particular date with 40+ columns

a) I am able to get code for unique Names based on the account in column (D; E; F; G) and copy the unique cells to the Summary tab.
    What i am looking is how to get the count of these unique records by AC nos in column E

Below vba code, need help to get this worked with count.
    I am attaching my excel for better clarity.

• Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)

Not sure to understand exactly ...what do you need to count ...and where should the count appear ...

You have a code dealing with Collections ... the instruction nc1.Count does provide the Count ... so again could you be more precise ;)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Thank you Carim for taking time to read my thread.

Appologies for the incomplete information.

firstly, i am very weak in vba, but i good at looking at someone's work and make it work for myself. I tried high and low on the net but failed to get anything close.

When i run the macro FieldAC, it will copy unique records in column A to D in Summary tab. I am looking to sum the count of these records and update in column E. I have put a actual count in summary tab as an example.

hope i am clear.

• Thanks for your explanation ...

Many different solutions ...

1. If you need a formula ... in cell E2 you can have

Code
    1. =COUNTIF(X_Report!$D$12:$D$68,A2)

and copy it down ...

2. The same count could be integrated in the macro ...

Hope this will help

:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• No problem ...;)

see modification below :

Hope this will help

• Once you have tested the macro ... feel free to share your comments

• Apologies for the delay,

Thank you Carim for the code, i have adjusted it to my project and its working well. Thanks once again.

just one last help in the below code (full code is in post #6 pls

Code
    1. wsMain.Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = nc4(x)

In sheet "Summary", under column D, want to get values only where the Cus Seg is "CR-CAT" in the below code line. The code can ignore the other items.

Is this possible to modify the code mentioned in post #6

• Glad to hear you have fixed your problem :)

Thanks for your Thanks ...AND for the Like :thumbup:

Will into your latest question ... as soon as I have a moment ...;)

• Had a quick look at your file ...

A couple of remarks :

1. Standard macros should be stored in Standard Modules ...( Not in the Sheet Module ...)

2. Regarding your latest question, do you need a Filter ... please update the test file to show the expected final result you are looking for

Hope attached test file will help

Files

• HI Carim, i have checked the attached excel, there is no change from the last excel. Sorry if i have missed something pls.

Well as shown on your picture ...CR-CAT do appear in yellow ...;)

• apologies again for not being clear, i want only the yellow highlighted without the others rows

Did you read my message # 10 ...

2. Regarding your latest question, do you need a Filter ... please update the test file to show the expected final result you are looking for

You've decided ... not to answer ....

• No sir, i did read your post# 10, what i understood from it is

a) to keep all codes in module and not in sheet

b) you asked if i need a filter and you have attached excel by name Test maheshtV2 where the code is moved in module.

I did reply in post #11 acknowledging about the first part.

for the 2nd part, i only wanted yellow highlighted details without other rows.

I am trying to just clarify my point.

• In order to Filter, you need a new macro

Code
    1. Sub Filter_CR_CAT()
    2. Dim wsMain As Worksheet, wsEMI As Worksheet
    3. Dim last As Long
    4. Set wsMain = Sheets("Summary")
    5. Set wsEMI = Sheets("X_Report")
    6. last = wsEMI.Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row
    7. wsEMI.Range("D11:G" & last).AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="CR-CAT"
    8. wsEMI.Range("D12", wsEMI.Range("G" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(12).Copy wsMain.Range("A2")
    9. wsEMI.Range("D11:G" & last).AutoFilter Field:=4
    10. End Sub