Excel to Access database v.v.

• MODERATOR NOTICE: This topic has also been posted on other sites and may already have an answer elsewhere. Please take this into consideration when answering this question

Hello everyone. It's nice to be back here. Obviously, I need a big help from this forum, again.

I am to develop a project that would allow may co-team mates to request for Vacations Leaves via Excel (using a Data Entry form). These request will go directly to a database in Access. Why Access? I thought storing a large amount of "request" in Excel would only increase the file size and make it harder for the codes to execute. If I am wrong here, please educate me a better way of resolving that issue.

With that being said, the file will be shared AND/OR the users can download the file and save a copy of it on their own desktop. Now, since the requests are in a Access database, again please correct me on this part if I have a misconception, the file, even though it has multiple copies outside and shared to different users, it would update real time on the users end. Am I wrong here? Let me know.

Another dilemma I have is where to save the database that would allow the Excel files to update real-time. I was thinking of shared drive or folder. Is that a possibility? How about One Drive? Can it do the work?

The project right now is in a planning phase. I want to sort out this questions first before I start doing it and I think this is the best place to ask for guidance.

If it helps, I am using an Office 365.

• Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. You'll find people are disinclined to respond to cross-posts because they may be wasting their time solving a problem that has been solved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post. We are here to help so help us help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this

Crossposting

• Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. You'll find people are disinclined to respond to cross-posts because they may be wasting their time solving a problem that has been solved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post. We are here to help so help us help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this

Crossposting

Thank you for the reminder, I didn't realize it's a thing. Will follow this moving forward.