Conditional Format Exact Match

• I am working on something with genealogy.. I have copied and pasted into an excel.. and essentially I need to isolate potential duplicates.. there are thousands of names , so if I could somehow highlight these matches it would be great.

I delineated the data to separate first and last name.. anyway , I want to conditionally format so that it highlights them.. I'm just running into the issue that it will highlight everything that is a duplicate, but ..I need it to highlight first and last match ONLY.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !!!!

Please see attached example.

THANK YOU !!!!

• Hello,

With formulas, in order to highlight the First and the Last Match, you do need an Array Formula ...

Attached is your test file for your review

However, since you are dealing with genealogy... and therefore many records, would highly recommend to use a macro in order to gain a lot in performance ... ;)

Hope this will help

:)

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Once you have tested the formula suggested for Conditional Formatting ... feel free to share your comments ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)