Copy Selected Row with Individual Cell Locations

• Hi there

I am trying to Copy a selected Row to a Report (in a separate workbook), only issue is I need each cell in the row to go to a different location on a sheet.

I am populating a report where the information is kept in a separate workbook and the report is formatted completely differently.

Each row I want to copy will become a separate report but if I can select each individual row and populate a report individually i would help greatly.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

• We would need to know the paste location in the separate workbook for each cell in the row. It would be easer to help if you could attach a copy of your two files? It would be easier to see how your data is organized and to test possible solutions. Include a detailed explanation of what you want to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets. De-sensitize the data if necessary.

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the :thumbup: icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.
    Practice makes perfect. I am very far from perfect so I'm still practising.

• Thanks for your reply Mumps,

I am trying to Select the row in JWTESTLIST.xlsx and use this information to populate the corresponding cells in JWTESTBPE.xlsm overwriting what may already be in the cells.

The reason I would like to select each row rather than use the range is because In real life there will be multiple rows and I would like to quickly choose which row to copy.

Each row will populate a separate workbook and it would be very time consuming to Type ranges every-time.

I have attached the two files and very much appreciate any help!

Files

• JWTESTBPE.xlsm

(500.25 kB, downloaded 34 times, last: )
    • JWTESTLIST.xlsx

(17.33 kB, downloaded 33 times, last: )
  • Open the attached file. The macro below is in Module1. Change the workbook name in the code to suit your needs. Make sure that both files are open, select any cell in row 2 in the JWTESTLIST file and click the "Copy Data" button.

Files

You can say "THANK YOU" for help received by clicking the :thumbup: icon in the bottom right corner of the helper's post.

• You are very welcome. :)