Nested IF ANDs

• Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback.. have some nested if ands.. it's returning 0.. (changed from general to text ) and if I copy and paste the formula into another cell it's just showing the written formula.. any suggestions?

Thanks !

• Hello,

To make things a lot easier to understand ... why don't you attach a sample file ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

Thanks for the example file ...

You could test following formula :

Code
    1. =IF(AND(L16=100,L19="FREQUENTLY",L21="OCCASIONALLY"),"OHIO",IF(AND(L16=50,L18="OCCASIONALLY",L21="FREQUENTLY"),"TEXAS",IF(AND(L16=25,L17="OCCASIONALLY",L18="OCCASIONALLY"),"IDAHO","")))

On a general note, just wondering if you have a lot more cases to handle ... if you wouldn't be in a better position by creating a reference table with all your combinations ... and use a vlookup() formula ...

Hope this will help

:)

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Ok, Thank you !

I have attached another file .. this is what I am trying to do.. I don't know if you have any suggestions on how you would approach this,,.

Basically, I have the three tables.. I put a little "calculator" in the bottom which is where I'd be entering the values.. (this is just a fabricated spreadsheet so excuse the lack of sense it seems to make lol ) so when I enter those values , or leave blank in areas that weren't mentioned/not requiredI want it to tell me "athletic" or "unathletic" or FIT

HOWEVER, when the data in the highlighted cells is OCCASIONALLY instead of FREQUENTLY, I want it to say LESS THAN than athletic, etc. ..ONLY in those highlighted cells.. and they vary across the tables..

Sorry, I promise I try to figure this stuff out on my own before I bug you guys!

THANKS!!!

• You are welcome

Regarding your second question, your objective is to determine the Fitness level based on 14 different criteria compiled into three fitness levels ...

So far you are using text to qualify the levels ... which will prevent you from working out ( no pun intended...) the individual fitness level Challenge for you is to come up with a Number based evaluation system ...

Attached is your test file ...with an initial framework

Hope this will help

:)

Files