Creating a matrix formula with Index, Match in VBA

• Hello,

I am trying to assign a Matrix formula with Index and Match functions to a variable in VBA. I know it is possible to assign matrix formulas to cells, but that is not what I want per se. I want it in a variable in VBA where I use it, not in a cell.

The function below works like I expect it to:

Code
    1. BBb = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("H:H"), Application.WorksheetFunction.Match("CLA", Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("A:A"), 0))

But I want multiple search criteria so I tried (for starters with 1 criterium):

Code
    1. BBb = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("H:H"), Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(1, ("CLA" = Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("A:A")), 0))

This fails on a type mismatch. Apparently it can't handle: "CLA" = Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("A:A")

But this definately works in a regular excel cell. Does anybody know how to solve this?

• Welcome to the Forum. Please read the Forum Rules to understand how the Forum works and why I have added Code Tags to your post

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.Be sure to use them in future posts.

How to use code tags

Note: no apostrophe in the tags, just used for demonstration here.

['code]

your code goes between these tags

['/code]

Or, just highlight all of the code and press the <> in the post menu above button to add the code tags.

Thanks.

• Maybe try (note the square brackets):

Code
    1. BBb = Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("H:H"), Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(1, ["CLA" = Sheets("Parameters - DUMMY_ALL_BLOCKS").Range("A:A")], 0))