With the launch of the new chat section, here are some useful commands and information about the chat in general.
- Chat feed loads every 3 seconds, so you might see a very small delay between posting and the message appearing. This is deliberate to preserve server processing.
- Users are automatically marked as "away" after 10 minutes of inactivity
- There is a maximum message length of 500 characters
- Messages are automatically archived after 5 minutes
- Permanent chat rooms can be requested by contacting a forum administrator
The following commands are available within chat. Where a command requires a username as an argument, double quotes should be used for usernames with spaces.
- /away sets your status to away
- /color [name of a colour] changes your username colour in chat
- /info [username] displays information about that user
- /whisper [username] [message] sends a message to that user privately