I am trying to run a sub that does the following:
- Access this website (https://clinicaltrials.gov/)
- Introduces some words in the boxes "Condition or disease" and "other terms"
- Clicks in the button "search"
I did everything but point 3. I can't do point three because the button does not have an ID but has a class. I tried to use a class but then I can't run the command .Click I don't know exactly why.
Here it is the code I have been using. When I run the macro I keep getting this error: Object does not support this method (this basically is telling me I can.t use the command .click with this getelement...
PS: if you know any good resource for data scrapping please share with me I would be forever grateful
- Sub pullDatafromweb()
- Dim IE As Object
- Dim doc As HTMLDocument
- 'initializing the IE'
- Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
- 'allows us to see the browser getting launched'
- IE.Visible = True
- 'telling the object to go to the following object'
- IE.Navigate "https://clinicaltrials.gov"
- 'tells the system to wait until the page is loaded before moving into the next line'
- Do While IE.Busy Or IE.ReadyState <> 4
- Application.Wait DateAdd("s", 1, Now)
- 'puts the specificed values/strings in the search boxed'
- Set doc = IE.document
- doc.getElementById("home-search-condition-query").Value = "GvHD"
- IE.document.getElementById("home-search-other-query").Value = "MSC"
- End Sub