How to copy selected cells if condition met, paste as link, and sort when copied all together

• Hi All,

I am working on two sheets in the same spreadsheet.

In Sheet 1, I want to only select rows that in the 3rd column have "Science and Engineering" written.

From those selected rows, I only want to copy cells in column 3, 6 and 5 (in this order) and copy them into Sheet 2 into columns 1-3 as Links, so that if any information in Sheet 1 gets updated, so will the respective info in Sheet 2.

After those were copied, I would like to sort the copied data in Sheet 2, in a descending order, based on values in Column 2 in Sheet 2.

So far I have code here that can select the rows that meet the criteria, and copy them all as links into Sheet 2 but I am struggling to copy only selected cells and add the sorting component to the code.

I am a beginner with VBA and have managed to piece the above thanks to various YT tutorials but am struggling to find anything that would satisfy all this together - I am not sure whether this can be done to begin with?

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

• arienette

Changed the title of the thread from “Copy Selected Cells if Meets Condition, Paste as Link, and Sort when Copied” to “How to copy selected cells if condition met, paste as link, and sort when copied all together”.
  • Possibly with using the Union method...

If I've been helpful, let me know. If I haven't, let me know that too.