Excel formula to show text only IF another cell is greater than 0

• Hello,

I need to do a conditional format based on if another cell is blank or has data. I haven't been able to figure out which way to computer to make it logical and work. Thanks so much!

If cell in column G is greater than 0 I want cell in column I to have font that is black

If cell in column G = 0 or blank, I want cell in column I to have white font and not show any formula

Currently this is in a Gantt chart and the timeline column I is a formula that shows "=SUM(H8+G8)" for instance.

• Pictures

Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

• You should be able to it all with conditional formatting.

Click on it and start a new rule. while you are in a cell in column I

Select "Use a formula to determine which cell to format"

Then enter your formula

=$G$6 > 0

then format the font to be black (that is the default so you may not even need this rule)

then enter another conditional format on the same cell

=$G$6 = ""

then format the font to white

Do this to all cells in column I that you want this format