Is it possible to directly jump to the mail merge record in Word corresponding to the row in Excel where the hyperlink was clicked?

• Hi all,

I am trying to facilitate the life of the user of my Excel-Word mail merge. For this, I would like an hyperlink in the Excel data source to point to the corresponding record in the Word document.

What I have:

I have set up a mail merge between an Excel sheet and a Word document to fill with some fields. The Excel workbook works as some type of dashboard where the user can click on some cells that redirect to the corresponding Word document (depending on the language of the user, for example). This works with hyperlinks and this is fine. However, the Word document opens at the first record or the last record used.

What I want:

If the user clicks on cell F4 in Excel, I would like the hyperlink to target the fourth record in the Word document.

My questions:

Is it possible? If so, how can I do it? Should this feature come from Excel or Word? I have no problem putting a VBA Macro in either the Excel workbook or Word document, but my coding skills in VBA are close to zero.

To facilitate your tests:

I have set up a minimum working example here. The password for the archive is "mail_merge".

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Thank you for your reply.

I do realize that this is a cross-post, but on another platform and on which I did not obtain a reply, despite 16 views.

As it is already two weeks since I posted those messages, I must conclude that I will not obtain an answer to my question.
    Feel free to delete my post if your privileges allow you to do so.

Best,
    OHubert