Adding an array formula into my macro

• Sorry cannot help you any further ...

Your initial question was " How can a macro insert an Array Formula "

Now you do have a working example which you can use ...

As already explained, in my opinion, the structure you have selected for the sheet Racescrape ... will prevent you doing anything ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• after I run the macro, I copy the racedata onto another template which I use my astronumerology with to work out my finals

I am a pensioner and this is a hobby of mine to see how accurate I can get with predictions

I thank you snd am grateful that you have take so much of your time in order to solve my dilemma

regards

raj

• Hello,

If you really want to give yourself a chance to create all kind of Stats ... and, by the way, discover the fantastic power of EXCEL ...

would recommend to completely rebuild your database as shown in attached test file

Good Luck

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• I am asking the alex who wrote my pyton script if the script can write the data into a database format as you shown

raj

I am really grateful for the time you are spending with me in order to solve my problem

raj

• Glad to hear you do like the ' database ' approach ...

You cannot imagine all the benefits you will enjoy ... !!!

By the way, the Stats Column (which is now Column I) can be updated with the macro ...

• Thanks a lot for your Thanks ... AND for the Like  :)

• Hi again,

Since there are only just 8 races ... it will be much faster to manually copy / paste ... ;)

• Re,

May be I did not understand your question ...:(

How do you get the data file ...???

What is the frequency ...???

• Hi

I get the file by running a python script called horse.py

and this is done daily

would you like to see the python script

and I noted that your database has all the formula already with running the other macros

• If it is a daily issue ... my recommendation is to provide the ' database ' structure ( i.e. all the Header Titles for your 22 Columns) to the person who wrote the python script and ask her to modify your script in order to get a flat file ...

With this clean daily file ... you will be in a position to very simply generate all your Stats ...;)

• Excellent ...!!!

Once you can operate with a flat file ...

Please feel free to come back to the Forum :)

• rory

Changed the title of the thread from “need help with adding into my macro an array formula” to “Adding an array formula into my macro”.
  • Hi Sir carim

thank you for the advice on structuring the database type file

My friend got the script to write the file just like how you showed me

I am grateful and thankful for your kindness and advice

• Hello,

Great News ... :)

Have you tried to run the macro ' TestArrayFormula ' ... since it will add all your Array Formulas in Column I ... ;)