List football game combinations for betting

• Hi,

My neighbour has learning difficulties and because I use computers, he asked me if I could make him something to help with his football betting. He likes to place a football/soccer bet on as Saturday, just for fun and interest, but he loses track and gets confused. I am looking to make something that will list all game combinations for him, based on options for each game home win (H) draw(D) and (A)way win. Some games will have just one indicator and others could have 2, or 3. I have programmed in vba before, but for the life of me I cannot come up with a suitable solution.

To recap.

1) The list will always have 12 matches

2) each match will have a W D or A indicator or multiples there of

3) Need to output to another sheet in workbook all combinations of 12 teams and all single entries of A D or W (No duplicate matches with the same results)

I would really appreciate any advice, I'm not as sharp at thinking as I was when I was well, unfortunately I have suffered severe illness and I'm still recovering. Thank you so much for looking. I have included an example of the data type to give a clearer indication.

Kind regards

• Please take a minute to read the Forum Rules (especially 4b) and then update your post with links to your related posts on other forums. Thanks. :)

Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesn’t work. Practice is when something works, but you don’t know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they don’t know why

• I'm so sorry, one question, how do I edit my original post, or do I have to add the other site posting as a separate pot on this thread? Many thanks :)

• royUK

Changed the title of the thread from “Help! I am asking out of desperation if you can throw some ideas my way on an excel VBA project that is baffling me!” to “List football game combinations for betting”.
  • Digital Geezer, I ave changed your Thread Title to one more suitable. You are aware of these requirements I am sure since you have used the new title on the other Forum. Please read our Rules (link in my signature) which you have actually agreed to.