I have very limited knowledge on VBA and would like some help please.
I would like to do exactly what the vlookup function does but keeping the formatting of the parent cell where the content is being copied from, the parent cell contains spaces, tabs, bolds, underlines, bullet point and new lines.
I have tried searching online for hours but haven't found anything and with my limited vba knowledge it's proving in being quite a difficult task.
I have attached 2 pictures to explain what I would like to do.
- Image 1: The description column is where I would like to use the vlookup equivalent to get the description from the worksheet in image 2.
- Image 2: The whole array is also named "Product_Descriptions_txt" and this is the worksheet where I would like to copy the description from.
I would Ideally like to use this formula "=VLOOKUP([@SKU];Product_Descriptions_txt;3;FALSE)" in the description column of image 1 then automatically apply the same formula to the rest of the rows in the description column.
So I would like to
- Search for the "SKU" in image 1
- Get the description from the 3rd column (Column C) in image 2 (Product_Descriptions_txt)
- Paste the copied content into the "Description" column of image 1
Any help will be highly appreciated as I have been struggling with this issue for quite a while now.