ColorIndex and Conditional Formatting

• Hi,

Hoping for some enlightenment please.

I converted a spreadsheet of data to a Table (TableMain).

Depending on certain conditions, I have Conditional Formatting to format the relevant cells in Column N with a Red background (Interior Color).

What I need to do is then copy the contents of the rows belonging to those particular cells in Column N to another spreadsheet.

However, what worked before I converted to the Table now doesn't recognise the interior color now in order to detect them and copy etc.

I need to detect the first Red cell in the column, copy the row's contents to the other spreadsheet and return to pick up the next Red cell's row to copy etc until finished.

Any help appreciated.

• Hi,

Regarding how to detect your cell ...It is much easier to use the rule you have created for Conditional Formatting ...rather than the result.. i.e the red color ...

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• Hi Carim,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean or how I use that here.

The Table is a database of investigation files. When completed the cell in Column N is formatted Red indicating the information that now needs to be copied across into the other spreadsheet. Once that is completed, the Red background automatically disappears (by design).

The rows won't be contiguous hence the need to go from the first Red cell through to the last used cell detecting all Red cells.

• Hi,

Could you post a sample file with just ten or so records ...

Fake data is also fine ... since it is the sheet structure and your logic which will determine the solution ...

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)