$120 - Need Help with a couple VBA codes.

• I don't see any area to pay for this job. Where do I have to go to to start paying the first 10%? I have $120 for this job.

I started doing the coding, but I got stuck so I will need some help. I coded the login page and did a few of the codes. I will attach the excel file for those interested to view, and please if you can help me out let me know as quick as possible. Thanks, and I will be waiting for your responses.

• Hello,
    Sure, I will be able to do this. Only questions I have so far :
    - do you have a predefined list of machines and molds that user will have to choose from (or it will be free text)
    - do you have examples of the charts that you'll need

Thanks

• And for the sample graphs, I will do a sample on paper and send a screenshot to you. But let me know if you can start the project and how long it will take you to complete it. I will do the graphs later on this afternoon. in a couple hours from now.

• For now just use the 2 machine numbers that I put like in the data base. Machine 31 and 32. I will add or edit all the other machines myself cause I want to understand how the code works. If you go to the data base sheet, you will see 31 and 32. those are samples of the machine. I will include all the other machines myself.

• Hi,

Sure - I'll include a few design proposal with comments with the file to make it easier for you to update after.

A few questions/comments:
    - in the database,I will assume that if you have more than 2 machines, you will create the column manually in the file
    - is it possible to have more than 1 mold (told) for one machine for the same day (because currently you only one 1 row per day in the database)
    - if the users already save data in the database for one day, would there be case where they could save new data for the same day/machine/mold? in that case do you want the values in the database to be overwritten or added/average?

- for part5 (weekly, monthly or yearly chart), if the user select monthly, I assume that the X axis would be the months (january to december). So you would need to ask for a start / end dates?

thanks

• - in the database,I will assume that if you have more than 2 machines, you will create the column manually in the file:
    Yes for sure i will create the columns manually by myself in the database and includes the codes as necessary. I will follow on and learn from your codes so i will be able to include those.

- is it possible to have more than 1 mold (told) for one machine for the same day (because currently you only one 1 row per day in the database)
    Yes it is possible to have more than one mold or tool for one machine in a day. I will love that you include this into the design and coding please. I forgot about this. The maximum number of tools that we can have in a machine per day will be 3. So please you can include the code and columns to add that.

- if the users already save data in the database for one day, would there be case where they could save new data for the same day/machine/mold? in that case do you want the values in the database to be overwritten or added/average?

This is a good point. I don't want the data to be written. But at the same time I intend for them to input the data at the end of their shift so that they are able to save just once. But like in the previous question, we can have at least 3 different tools in a machine per day. So please include space for 3 such that they can input 3 times for the 3 different molds in one day. But I intend for them to input these data at the end of their shift so that they save it just once.

- for part5 (weekly, monthly or yearly chart), if the user select monthly, I assume that the X axis would be the months (january to december). So you would need to ask for a start / end dates?
    Yes this is perfect.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other question. I really appreciate the time you are taking to work on this for me. Thanks so much.

• Hi,
    Based on your answers, I have a few more questions / comments:

• 1. Considering that you can have more that one mold per machine per day, it would be better to modify the "Weight Database Layout" in a way where there would be one column for the machine number and could be multiple rows for the same days. By doing this you have a "flat" database and you will not need to create columns every time that you add a new machine or mold. This is a much better design, however, it will not look as nice for the user. See example attached

• 2. Let's say that :

• on Monday, the user save data for Machine 31-Mold B
      • on Tuesday he works on Machine 31 - Mold C
      • etccc
      • on Friday, he goes back to Machine 31 - Mold B

• Do you want the data from Monday to be shown on the input sheet (for Machine 31 - Mold B)? In other words, when a Machine-Mold is selected, do you want data from the previous days on the current week to be fetched from the database and shown on the input sheet?

Thanks,

• Precision with respect to comment #2 from my previous post: It would not possible to fetch previous data since the individual measurement values are not saved to the database
    Only the shift average and the tolerance could be fetch from the database (if you need it)