Need Help Hiding Database Sheet and Searching Range

• Hi,

I Made a database using codes i found on the freeweb and needed some additional Help
    1. I need to hide the Database Sheet, however the macro doesnt work if i do so. Can anyone help me with hiding/unhiding part
    2. I need the Macro to search text from Cloumns B to Column I. The Macro i found on the web is to search a single column and doesnt search partial words.

Could someone helpme with this please.

• Using these macros, you can hide your Database sheet :

• I've Updated my code to hide the tab and also search partial text.

Now the only issue i am facing with the above is, it searches only one Column i.e. Cells(i, 2), Can it be made to search multiple columns like columns 2 to column 10?

• Hi,

To be tested ...

Hope this will help

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• Hey Carim,

This works fine, however if i Keep F2 blank, it copies the same rows multiple times.
    I put a Validation that F2 cant be empty to avoid this.

Additionally, I was thinking for having a "ALL" option as well for Cell B2, is there anyway to add a Loop to do this? coz my database will not be having ALL written in it.

• Hello,

Based on :

Now the only issue i am facing with the above is, it searches only one Column i.e. Cells(i, 2), Can it be made to search multiple columns like columns 2 to column 10 ?

Just proposed a tiny modification to your macro ...

Did not take the time to review it ... nor to correct all the inefficiencies ... :wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• The code I'm using giving me alot of random errors like duplicates. Can you assist me with the proper code?? Is it possible to search for multiple words ? For example if i search for "quick fox" it should give me with row with "the quick brown fox"

• Try the attached, I have included "All" in the dropdown list for cell B2 validation, Also moved this list to the database sheet (so it cannot be seen by users). This code will work whilst keeping the database sheet hidden.

Code now assigned to the button

Files

We now have a reputation system in place. If my reply helped please "Like" the reply by clicking the "Like" icon at bottom right of my reply.