produces

[/td]

[td]

1.554 in cell L25

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Do we agree ???

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• Hi Angela,

In the Version 3 ... everything is now fully automated ...

Just input 7.77 in cell L24 ...

and the SOLVER will automatically produce the result ... just underneath ... in cell L25 ...

Attached is an improvement to get ALL 20 possibilities ....

with Version 4 ....

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• I get the calculation when I enter the number and then click ENTER so great! Do we have to adjust H24 to get a calculation? Can I take my 3 cells A23,B23 and C23 off my sheet or is it still needed by Solver?

My very last request would be to have the calculations from cells D25, F25, H25, J25 and cell L25 be copied and pasted to the appropriate cell. I have attached my workbook with the entered numbers. So the software would first search cells E1 to E20 and H1 to H20 for number 1, with numbers in the cell to the right of it, so in my example it would find E9 with numbers in F9. So cell D23 with number 1 and the calculation in cell D25 (0.74) would be copied and pasted to cell G9. After 1 continue with the remaining numbers of 2 to 5.

If it's not to much to ask, the software would then add the 0.74 to the numbers in cell F9 so the new amount would be 1.85. You'll probably be glad to not hear from me. You have the patience of a saint.

A huge thank-you.

• Well ... a bunch of NEW questions ... !!!

1. No adjustment needed ... everything is automatic ...

2. At this stage ... you CANNOT delete the cells A23, B23, C23 .... at least for one obvious reason ...which is you can modify cell A23 ....
    But if you don't need this flexibility ... we could think about another solution ...

3. Your Numbers in Columns E and H ... are a total mystery to me ...with way too many repeats ...
    You need to store your manual Inputs ...and NOT the Results ...???
    For example ... regarding 1.11 ... why do pick E9 and not H3 ...???
    For example ... regarding 4.44 .... why do you pick F16 ... and not F10 or even I4 ....

4. Within these mysterious columns .... for example why are the Numbers 4 and 5 appearing 4 times .... and the numbers 2 and 17 only once ...???

5. In your corrected sheet ... you have not added anything in cell G9 ... why ...???

• No.2 - I was just asking and no changes are required you have been more than helpful.

No. 3 - "For example ... regarding 1.11 ... why do pick E9 and not H3 ...???"

Because there no numbers in the adjacent cell to the right of cell H3. This is how the software would know exactly where to place the calculation. If you can get the addition to work please leave the calculation in cell G9 and not delete it after the addition.

No.4 - 'Within these mysterious columns .... for example why are the Numbers 4 and 5 appearing 4 times .... and the numbers 2 and 17 only once ...???"

These are just random numbers I set up to see if it was even possible to do this whole project. I really had my doubts it could be done. I'm not an expert at this stuff so it's really existing for me to have all this happen.

No. 5 - "In your corrected sheet ... you have not added anything in cell G9 ... why ...???

0.74 would appear in cell G9 if we can get the software to do this. I suppose I could have entered it but I wasn't sure if that would help or not.

Thanks again

• Sorry ...

But I do have to repeat my question ...

When you are starting from scratch ... alll cells in Columns F - G and I - J are totally empty ...

If you input 1.11 in cell D24 ... just underneath the cell D23 which holds the value 1 ...

How do you want the macro to copy the value 1.11 to cell F9 ... or I3 ... or any other spot ...????

• That's okay, hey this not easy stuff, for me anyway

1 - When you are starting from scratch ... all cells in Columns F - G and I - J are totally empty ...

When I start you're right there are no numbers in columns F - G and I - J. The whole process starts when I manually enter number 1.11 in cell F9 and now cell D24 to be solved. So we don't need the macro to copy 1.11 to cell F9, it's already there. Only need the Solver calculation to be copied and pasted to cell G9 and then added to cell F9 so the new total would be 1.85 in cell F9.

If you have any other question please let me know.

• Angela,

Attached you will find the final Version 5 ... which, in my opinion ..., includes all of your requests ...

The ONLY action required ... is to fill in the BLUE cells ...

Would encourage you to test it ... extensively ...

Hope this will help you

Cheers

:smile:

Files

• Hi Carim

We finished testing your macro, we made some changes to suit what we're doing and it works just perfect. Hey Ozgrider's this guy is great. He has the patience of a saint and really knows his stuff.

Thank-you so much for your all your help.
    Angela

• Hi Angela,

it works just perfect

Why is it ... you have not used a BOLD RED font ... for these important four WORDS !!! ... :lol:

Thanks ... for your Thanks ... :smile: