changing currency of sheet from one cell

• Well ... let's quickly check a few things :

1. If you hit the keys Ctrl and F3 : do you get a range name CurrenciesList ?

Indeed, this list located in Sheet2 is used by the Data Validation located in cell I1

2. If you hit the Alt and F11 : do you see the event macro Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

For sure, we will find out what is going on ... :wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• Wendy,

Would you mind telling me what is actually happening ... at your end ... with the attached Version 3 ....

Quite disturbing ... :angrypc:

It might be that ISO codes are easier to digest ... compared to Currency Symbols ... :?:

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Like" icon ...just below...in the bottom right corner...:)

• Glad to hear the Version 3 with ISO codes is working fine ...

Regarding the currency symbols, it might be related to your specific Windows Regional settings ...

Ideally, could you record a macro and format one cell in £ and another cell in $ .....

I would be very curious to see your own code generated on your PC ... :wink:

• Hello again,

In order to look for a positive outcome ... have tweaked the original version ...:wink:

Please let me know if the attached Version 4 is ... hopefully ... working as expected ... at your end ... :smile:

:cheers:

Files

• Hello,

Hope you are feeling better ...:smile:

Regarding this strange issue of Currency Symbols, it might be related to your specific Windows Regional settings ...

Could you turn on your macro recorder, and format a few cells with several symbols BUT, ...at least .... one cell in £ and another cell in $ .....

and attach this test file ( along with your recorded macro ) in your next message ... :x

I would be very curious to see your own code generated on your PC ... :wink:

• A couple of questions ...

1. Which Excel version are you using ?

2. Do you see in your main Menu (on the right side ...) a tab labelled Developer ?

Will get there ...:wink:

• Hello Wendy,

Your CurrencyRecording is just perfect ...!!! :thumbcoo:

By the way ...

CONGRATULATIONS on your very FIRST MACRO ...!!!:congrats:

• Wendy,

Attached is your Version 5 ... :wink:

included in this Version ... is your specific coding for the $ symbol ...

Hopefully, this should .... now ... be operational ... at your end ... ( fingers crossed )

Pleas let me know asap ...

Files

• That's the one!!!!! So what had I done wrong??

Perfect ... !!!

Glad to hear this issue is fully sorted out ...

You did nothing wrong ...

You gave me the opportunity to learn that with International Versions, the Windows regional settings do keep (inside) the $ sign ... as the local currency ...

for ALL the local currencies in the World ...!!!

Who's going dare say that the US is not egocentric ...!!! :lol: