Automatically filter range based on one cell value?

• Hello, the great OzGrid!

How to automatically filter range based on one cell value?
    Let's say I have empty cell A1, dear Excel do nothing, do not filter range A2:A1048576.
    If there(A1) is some number then as I type in, do filtering on A2:A1048....
    If there(A1) is text or space(" ") display error, if is empty unfilter range-sort AZ column A2:A1048.....

Thanks!

P.s. Range A2:G1048.... will be constant, i will not delete rows, i just need to find(filter) row based on A1 search and then enter some data in G2 address.

Also asked on: https://www.excelforum.com/exc…ed-on-one-cell-value.html

• Hello,

Why don' t you attach a sample workbook ... ???

This would allow contributors to provide you with a tailor made solution ...:wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

Attached is your file ...:wink:

Hope this will help ...

Files

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Yes Yes Carim, great! Would be great with B1 also. So, if A1 is blank then when I type ID in B1 please, dear VBA, populate A1 with matched EAN, vice versa also.

• I'm asking too much, sorry. Sometimes brain not working:)
    Please, can I get, when I enter value in A1(b1) after ENTER jump to cell G4? After ENTER in G4, jump back to A1(b1), is this science-fiction? Thank you, God Bless!

• Hello again,

Here is the Version 2 ... with both A1 and B1 inputs ...

Cell G4 is not an input cell ...

Hope this will help

Files

• It is great CARIM, i see why G4 isn't input cell 'cause it becomes G(filtered row number).

This is super great. Almost. When i enter value in B1 it is filtering and adding EAN to A1, when i delete B1 it also deletes A1, THIS IS GREAT. But vice versa not working. When i enter A1 EAN, B1 is empty,

• Glad to hear the solution is helping you out ... :wink:

Thanks ... for your Thanks ...AND for the Like ... :smile:

For sure you have noticed that ... when selecting you EAN in cell A1 ... you do get the corresponding Artikal in column B in the filtered row ...