Single Search formula for two or more conditions?

• Hello dear OzGrid!

I have this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH({"TRUMP";"WHITE HOUSE"};A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21)) wich should sum all values from C2:E21 wich aren't TRUMP and WHouse, but this isn't working, it only search for TRUMP. N part is for text accuracies if there's any. Maybe SUMPRODUCT can't handle Search.
    This only works like this: =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH("TRUMP";A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21)*ISERR(SEARCH("WHITE HOUSE";A2:A21))) but is there a way to shorten this, would be great! Thanks!

• Hello,

In order to fix your issue ... it would be great ... if you would attach a sample file ... :wink:

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

Thanks for your workbook .. which does clarify your constraints ... :wink:

You can test following formula :

Code
    1. =SUM(IF($A$4:$A$23=$H$1,$C$4:$E$23))+SUM(IF($A$4:$A$23=$I$1,$C$4:$E$23))

Attached is your revised workbook

Files

• Knjiga1N.xlsx

(10.37 kB, downloaded 59 times, last: )

If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received, do not hesitate to click the "Thumbs Up" icon, below, in the bottom right corner:)

• Hello,

Understand your remark ... but it has no impact on result ...

Attached is your amended file ... :wink:

Files

• Knjiga1N.xlsx

(10.48 kB, downloaded 61 times, last: )

• $A$4:$A$23=$H$1 is not case-sensitive, so should work fine.

Ali :)

Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel who's always learning!
    If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

:!:Forum Rules

• It's ok, but I cannot use helper cells, i must go with Search({"trump","white house"} problem is that it0s isn0t working, actually SUMPRODUCT isn't working :(

• Help us out here! What are you expecting the answer to be?

If anyone has helped you towards solving a problem, then you can thank them by clicking on the like icon bottom right.

• Hello again,

Have you tried the formula provided in message # 4 ... ???

Have you looked at both your workbooks in messages #4 and #6 ... since they both work fine ...(double-checked with your Autofilter ...)

• Is there a way to short this neat formula: =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH("trump";A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21)*ISERR(SEARCH("white house";A2:A21))) it's giving me sum of all sales wich aren't Trump and White House.

Why this formula isn't working:
    =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH({"trump","white house"},A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21))

P.s I forgot, new look is nice, please add some green color :)

• Is there a way to short this neat formula: =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH("trump";A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21)*ISERR(SEARCH("white house";A2:A21))) it's giving me sum of all sales wich aren't Trump and White House.

Why this formula isn't working:
    =SUMPRODUCT(ISERR(SEARCH({"trump","white house"},A2:A21))*N(+C2:E21))

P.s I forgot, new look is nice, please add some green color :)

Since you have decided to ignore all my messages ...

Let me wish you the Best of Luck ... :wink:

• Since you have decided to ignore all my messages ...

Let me wish you the Best of Luck ... :wink:

Ditto. :)