Page breaks set in Excel disappear when posted into Word doc

• Page breaks set in Excel disappears when posted into Word doc. No offense intended. I realize I'm straddling the fence between an Excel and Word question. JC

• Re: Page breaks set in Excel disappear when posted into Word doc

Excel and Word have very different page handling techniques - Word is basically setup to print on a page as standard.

Excel has a huge grid that you have to tell it how to print.

When you paste into Word all bets are off and you have to re-set your page breaks in Word

There are three types of people in this world.
    Those who can count and those who can't.

• Re: Page breaks set in Excel disappear when posted into Word doc

I'm pasting 20 resumes at a time of LinkedIn expanded profiles. In LinkedIn I can export to PDF. From there I paste into Column A of Excel. Once there I can manipulate and format the resume by putting spaces between the profiles of each of the 20 profiles. Within each profile for clarity purposes I can put the following subheadings in LI into larger fonts: Summary, Experience, Education, etc. Once this is all formatted, I then paste into Word.

The only way I can think of to insert "page breaks" or really to not have parts of 2 resumes/profiles on the page of a Word doc is to count the number of Excel rows that fit on one Word page, and at the end of the resume/profile have the VBA code insert enough blank rows so when the paste to Word is made, I no longer have parts on two profiles on one Word page. Again the PDF file will always contain a max of 20 profiles that have to be dealt with so as to not mix 2 profiles any given single page.