How to Split 2 CommandBars?

• Hi Friends,

Can you please suggest me how to split two commandbars? I have 2 commandbars with 3 buttons in each. But all 6 of them are being displayed together confusing the user, they belong to two categories of functions. It would be great if you can suggest me a way to display the name of each commandbad visually. Please check the below image and code I used for it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42835[/ATTACH]

I want the Buttons 4, 5 and 6 to be separated in to different group and display a break between the two groups. Below is the code I used for this:

Help me! Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ravi.

• Re: How to Split 2 CommandBars?

Couldn't you just change the text .Caption to a better description instead of "button 1"

There is a .FaceId as well that you can use to put an icon next to the button

There are three types of people in this world.
    Those who can count and those who can't.

Dear Neale,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I made this template as a sample to be displayed on the forum.

I am aware of the .FaceId property. And I am not going to use icons. Having graphics doesn't help all the time. I want to keep it simple.

As I mentioned before, all I need is to be able to separate two different categories of CommandBars. And I am still stuck with that issue.

If anyone can help me out. I would be extremely Thankful.

Regards,
    Ravi.

Hi Ravi,

As Neale suggests, I would have thought that descriptive text and appropriate icons would be a big help.

As regards the location of the commandbars, have you looked at the commandbar properties like top, left etc?

You could add three of the buttons to the right click Cell command bar and leave the others in Add-ins

There is more control over how they appear in the right click menu Cell menu

Not sure that you have much control over the placement of the icons that go in to Add-ins tab.

There are three types of people in this world.
    Those who can count and those who can't.

Oh. Is that so? I am expecting some property which might be of help to me.

Unfortunately, I'll not be using any icons. So I thought a difference can be created with a break line.

Thanks for your suggestions Neale and Richie.

Regards,
    Ravi.

Could you change the .Height of the CommandBar so that you have two rows of 3 buttons each?
    On a one row CommandBar, you could use BeginGroup to visualy divide them into two classes.