Emailing comma seperated data from excel

• Hello,

I have an Excel97 spreadsheet with data in. I would like to be able to send this data in an email containing the comma seperated version (.csv).
    I know you have to save the excel spreadsheet as .csv and then you can send the TextPad file in an email. I just dont know how to do this with one click of a button in Excel!
    I would like the body of the email to contain the data, i.e. not just the attachment. It does this in TextPad when you select File/Send, but i would like to know how to automate it from Excel.

Hope this makes sense!

Also I would like it to be sent to the same person everytime, so is there a way of automatically putting the recipients name in the email.

Thanx,
    Sarahd194

• Hi,

This is a more complicated issue then compared using MS Outlook. Outlook Express does not have any object-library which can be called from VBA.

My recommendation is that You download an Add-in (SendMail) from Ron De Bruin excellenta site about XL and Outlook Express.

Open the csv-file in XL (without activating the TextToColumn-guide), make the selection and use the Add-in.

It´s available on the bottom of the page:

Add-In SendMail

Please let us know the outcome of above