Data Comparison from Two Sheets

• Hello,

I am looking to have a hotkey-based macro that will compare the data in Sheet2 and the data in Sheet "Masterlist", then delete the matches found in Sheet2. If the data doesn't match in the three provided columns, it would not delete the rows.

Attached is an example of the format. The important columns are filled out, columns D, E and F.

Thank you for any help!

Files

• Test.xlsx

(10.31 kB, downloaded 84 times, last: )
  • Re: Data Comparison from Two Sheets

Try this

Ah!

I completely forgot to include the H column.. which also caused me to remember that sheet2 would have filtered data. Can a macro only find duplicates in filtered data without removing the filter?

Thank you for the help!

Quote from JSpectrum;584565

Ah!

I completely forgot to include the H column.. which also caused me to remember that sheet2 would have filtered data. Can a macro only find duplicates in filtered data without removing the filter?

Thank you for the help!

Bump.

Is this what you are after?

The sheet1 has the filtered data in this instance. Would I just change...

Code
    1. With Sheets("MasterList").AutoFilter.Range

to

Code
    1. With Sheets("Sheet1").AutoFilter.Range

?

Can you post a sample workbook of the change, or explain in better detail what it is doing. The macro can be modified to accomodate, but I want to be sure to make the right alterations.

An example is attached. As you can see, sheet2 is the filtered data. It would match what's in the master list, then delete the matches from sheet2. I have also include the latest macro that you provided.

Thank you

Files

• Test2.xlsm

(16.03 kB, downloaded 87 times, last: )

That makes it much different than the original scenario. You cannot simply just do a compare and replace since the data being deleted is filtered and not all values are showing. This would eliminate all data that is currently filtered.

Try this (briefly tested)
    notify if any bugs