Change Delimiter For Csv Export - Tip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Delimiter For Csv Export - Tip

Haven't had occassion to use this, but a colleague passed it on and it looks useful. (Couldn't find it referenced here on Oz.)

If you need Export Excel data to a CSV file but the data have commas in it, you can in Windows change the delimiter used in the export from outside of Excel -- specifally via the Control Panel.

Go to the Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options (or Date, Time and Regional Options --> Regional and Language Option on some machines) --> click the Customize button. In the dialog box that opens you will see and option for "List separator" in which you can change the comma to a different character --> click Apply then Ok and then Apply again. Now when you go into Excel and choose Export as CSV the new character will be used as the delimiter.
    Best Regards,
    Tom
    ---------------------------
    Please help Oz share knowledge among all users by posting your questions in a public forum rather than using a Private Message.

Re: Change Delimiter For Csv Export - Tip

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tip. I think it should be in Hey! That's cool section.
    Kris

ExcelFox

Comment

Thanks, Tom. Moved to hey that's cool.

Comment

One would think I'd know where (and where not) to stick my nose (posts) by now.
        Best Regards,
        Tom
        ---------------------------
        Please help Oz share knowledge among all users by posting your questions in a public forum rather than using a Private Message.

Comment

Trending

Collapse

• cayusbonus
          From week numbers to standard date format
          cayusbonus
          Hi all, I am quite new in VBA, but after two weeks I have learnt a lot thanks to this forum, so I feel kind of in debt with it. I have been recently looking for an example where VBA converts from week dates to the regular mm/dd/yyyy date format, but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer. Yes, we have the weeknum function to be used in a spreadsheet but so far I couldn't call it in my VBA code. So therefore, I generated the code below that applies the ISO 8601 standard to make such a conversion. Hope it helps to somebody.

Code:
          Sub WeeksToDates()
          'Converting YYWW.DD to MM/DD/YYYY dates according ISO 8601. More info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date
          Dim Todayf As String        'Date in yywk.dd format
          Dim Yearf As Integer        'Year of the input date
          1 day ago
        • Reafidy
          Textbox Class Object
          Reafidy
          Hi All,

I recently had a request for a better method of controlling multiple textboxes on a userform. "I have lots of textboxes on a userform I want the user to only be able to enter numbers in all of them!"

The solution: Making use of a class module. The method below will alow you to handle the event for all textboxs at once without having to add events for each individual textbox on the form.

Add a class module and name it "clsObjHandler"

Code:
          Option Explicit
          Private WithEvents tbxCustom1 As MSForms.TextBox    'Custom Textbox
          Public Property Set Control(tbxNew As MSForms.TextBox)
              Set tbxCustom1 = tbxNew
          End Property
          Private Sub tbxCustom1_Change()
          'Message Box To Display
          December 11th, 2007, 05:32
        • Furybringerx
          Parsing HTML Table to Excel
          Furybringerx
          My personal project this past week has been trying to parse a HTML table to Excel.
          I've used many resources to finally get the code I'm looking for. It has taken a week to figure it out so I feel that I should share it to help others like me.

Code:
          Sub ParseTable()
          Dim IE As InternetExplorer
          Dim htmldoc As MSHTML.IHTMLDocument 'Document object
          Dim eleColtr As MSHTML.IHTMLElementCollection 'Element collection for tr tags
          Dim eleColtd As MSHTML.IHTMLElementCollection 'Element collection for td tags
          Dim eleRow As MSHTML.IHTMLElement 'Row elements
          Dim eleCol As MSHTML.IHTMLElement 'Column elements
          Dim ieURL As String 'URL

'Open InternetExplorer
          Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
          IE.Visible
          December 11th, 2013, 05:39
        Working...
        X