World Cup Fantasy Football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football

Hi there Barry, I've been too bust to even look at it. Given how little time is left, I think I just stick with the basic one I wrote, and you streamlined. Thanks for all the help and advice, but I don't think there's time to iron out all the bugs this type of thing can generate. For example what if two or more Countries have the same wins, draws, goals scored and goal difference. Now FIFA have a very complicated count back system to the qualifiers, now you can imagine how complex that would be to implement.

Thanks Again
    Gary Hunt

Comment

Re: World Cup Fantasy Football

Hi Garry

I am sorry I got your name wrong, innocent typo. This bit

For example what if two or more Countries have the same wins, draws, goals scored and goal difference. Now FIFA have a very complicated count back system to the qualifiers, now you can imagine how complex that would be to implement.
      I am glad you asked this question as it was something I addressed when I was developing the file. I looked up the rules for when there was a tie on all metrics and this complicated procedure you mentioned is that FIFA do a coin toss to decide who goes through. That is right a coin toss. So I decided to go with an Excel coin toss to seperate the teams when this happens. You will see in Col P of the Calcualations page I put in a Rand formula

=J2*3+K2+O2/100+M2/1000+RAND()*0.0001

This replicates the FIFA coin toss. As this is a predictive model I think this was appropriate. I have given the model to quite a few people to check now. Seems OK. All you need to do to incorporate is put a new sheet in your current model select all the sheets but this new sheet, right click and select Move. Move to the WC model. Add a few navigation buttons or just unhide the sheet tabs and you are done.

Anyways good luck with your world cup. If Australia are not giant killers I am going for England.

Take care

Smallman

model
      http://www.thesmallman.com/#!world-cup-in-excel/c1t2j
      sigpicthesmallman.com .......... Excel Dashboards ............ Excel Infographicsg..........k

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm back after a long absence. I've done another World Cup Fantasy Football program for this summers world cup. With my program you ask all your friends to rank all the 32 Countries from 32 to 1pt giving 32pts to the Country you think will win the world cup, 31pts to the runner up and so on down to the Country you consider the weakest on just 1pt. Enter everyone's selections into the 'Data' Tab, and the add in after each match the number of Wins, Draws and Goals into the 'Results' tab. Now go to the 'Results tab and my program has added up everyone's score. Now here's my CHEEKY request. I've love to be able to enter the results into the 'Match Order' tab, and the program adds up all the sores and updates the tables, score and wallchart. There used to be a wallchart on this forum that did all of this from a previous World Cup but I can't find in on here. Maybe it's been removed ? Iknow it's a lot to ask but I'm hoping you'll all be able to help. You can all still use my program as it is, as it still works, but I'd love to get the 'Match Order' tab to work. Kind regards Gary Hunt
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X