Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data validation in Cell with Decimal 0 to 25 or "AB".

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data validation in Cell with Decimal 0 to 25 or "AB".

Hello,
    i am new to excel.
    i want to know how to validate data in a cell
    with Decimal or Text (AB) condition

i want to restrict user to enter any decimal number (0 to 25) or AB in cell.
    Thanks in advance

Hello,

Regarding your decimal issue .. to be restricted between 0 and 25 ...

you could use Data Validation Allow Custom and test following formula :

Code:
    =AND(OR(IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",$A1)),LEN($A1)>0,LEN(MID($A1,FIND(".",$A1)+1,20))<3)),(A1-INT(A1))*100<=25)
    Hope this will help
    If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received ...You can click on the "Like" icon ...just underneath ... ... in the bottom right corner ...

Comment

This is sample file on which i want to work. I have applied Message #4 formula in Cell B7 (With correct Cell Reference ). Other cell have data validating setting with normal Decimal between 0 to 25, but problem is that i can,t enter "AB" in that cell.
      will you be kind enough to look into this.
      Thanks test.xlsx

Comment

It seems you just want numbers between 0 and 25 and AB, in which case the formula could simply be:

=OR(B7="AB",AND(B7>=0,B7<=25))
        Rory
        Theory is when you know something, but it doesnít work. Practice is when something works, but you donít know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they donít know why

Comment

@ Rory,

Thanks for sorting it out ...
          If you feel like saying "Thank You" for the help received ...You can click on the "Like" icon ...just underneath ... ... in the bottom right corner ...

Comment

Working...
          X