X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malformed GUID. in query expression

I have the following expression:
    Code:
    selectStr = "SELECT tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, Sum(tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Ma_Tim" & _
                            "er) AS 'Summer av Ma_Timer', tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "FROM `F:\Tidsbanken\tidsbank`.tblAvsnitt tblAvsnitt, `F:\Tidsbanken\tidsbank`.tblOppgaver tblOppgaver, `F:\Tidsbanken\tidsbank`.tb" & _
                            "lTimeregistrering_behandlet tblTimeregistrering_behandlet" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "WHERE tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr = tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr AND tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr AND tblOppgaver.Oppgave" & _
                            "Nr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr AND tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Avsnitt" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "GROUP BY tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgave" & _
                            "r.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "HAVING (tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '" & d1 & " 00:00:00'} And tblTimereg" & _
                            "istrering_behandlet.Dato<={ts '" & d2 & " 00:00:00'}) AND (tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr='" & pnr & "')" & _
                            "ORDER BY tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr"
    When I use this expression in the following code:

Code:
    Set rst = .Execute(stSQL)
    I get Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)':
    Malformed GUID. in query expression
    '(tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '2006-08-22 00:00:00'}
    And tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato<={ts '1990-01-01 00:00:00'})
    And (tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr='26005')'.

Is my query to long??

Re: Malformed GUID. in query expression

I think I have found the reaseon for the code not to work. If I remove the queries concerning dates, the code works.

So it should be something about the date format.
    Have been reading on the forum and have tried to change the format, but with no luck so far.

I'm used to work with MSAccess, and the date format was "YYYY-MM-DD 00.00.00".
    Is it the same with ADODB?

Kim..

Comment

It must have something to do with the date format (date query).

The following works:

Code:
      stSQL = "SELECT tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, Sum(tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Ma_Timer) AS 'Summer av Ma_Timer', tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr " & _
                             "FROM tblAvsnitt, tblOppgaver, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet " & _
                             "WHERE tblAvsnitt.Oppgavenr = tblOppgaver.Oppgavenr And tblAvsnitt.Oppgavenr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr And tblOppgaver.Oppgavenr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr And tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Avsnitt " & _
                             "GROUP BY tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr " & _
                             "HAVING (tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr='" & pnr & "') " & _
      But if I try with:

Code:
      stSQL = "SELECT tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, Sum(tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Ma_Timer) AS 'Summer av Ma_Timer', tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr " & _
                             "FROM tblAvsnitt, tblOppgaver, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet " & _
                             "WHERE tblAvsnitt.Oppgavenr = tblOppgaver.Oppgavenr And tblAvsnitt.Oppgavenr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr And tblOppgaver.Oppgavenr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr And tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr = tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Avsnitt " & _
                             "GROUP BY tblAvsnitt.OppgaveNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittsNr, tblAvsnitt.AvsnittNavn, tblOppgaver.OppgaveNr, tblOppgaver.Oppgavenavn, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato, tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr " & _
                             "HAVING (tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr='" & pnr & "') " & _
                             "AND tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '1990-01-01 00:00:00'} " & _
      I get the same Run-time error:
      Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)
      Malformed GUID. in query expression
      '(tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Oppgavenr='" & pnr & "') AND tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '1990-01-01 00:00:00'}'.

Comment

Hope somebody can give some hints. I have tried for several hours, but still with no luck.

There must be something about the following date format:

Code:
        "AND tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '1990-01-01 00:00:00'}
        Looking forward to any comments..

Kim..

Comment

Hi Kim, thanks for the note, I had missed this one...

OK, firstly, the error message "Malformed GUID. in query expression" relates tothe fact that {...} indicates to VB that that is a GUID - Globally Unique ID, which, given the error, clearly it is NOT. Trouble is that MSQuery uses this code when you input dates in to SQL query but what you should really do with dates is to find a "native" version of the date that works in the target database.

instead of this

AND tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato>={ts '1990-01-01 00:00:00'}
          try this (if it's MS Access)

AND tblTimeregistrering_behandlet.Dato >= #01/01/1990#
          Kind Regards, Will Riley

LinkedIn: Will Riley

Comment

Yes!! Thanks Will

Comment

I had to use this date format: