Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database "filter","ammend",and "print-to-tearsheet"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database "filter","ammend",and "print-to-tearsheet"

With my limited VB knowledge, I have created a framework database with userforms for company acqusition targets. A user opens the file, and is greeted with the Database Menu contained in "Database Menu" worksheet, and is able to navigate different user forms from there.

I feel pretty good about the userform ("CompanyInput"), however my filter database form ("filterform"), ("ammendform"), and ("print selected companies to individual tear sheet") macro within the filterform, are fairly incomplete. The following is what needs to be completed:

1. Use the listboxes within the "filterform" to search the database and filter records accordingly, showing the results in the listbox at the bottom of the filter form.

1.a. Ability for user to then select individual or multiple companies from filtered list and have all of the information for the selected company(s) populate to the template I created in the "tear sheet" worksheet. If more than 1 company is selected from the filtered list, they would all populate separate tear sheets, each on 1 page.

1.b. Within the filterform, the entry fields for "annual sales","growth rate%","gross margin%", "operating profit %, and "# of employees", should be set up as a drop down menu selection, only including the available data already in the database. Sorted smallest:largest would be preferable as well.

2. From the "ammendform", a user selects a company from the drop down menu, selects the "edit company details" button, and the existing data re-populates the "companyinput" form. From there a user can ammend any data, which would then overwrite the old entry in the master database.

3. Minor Bug Fixes

a.
    In the "companyinput" user form, restrict a users entry to only allow numbers & decimal points (no $,%,or letters) in the following fields: "annual sales","growth rate%","gross margin%", "operating profit %, and "# of employees".

b. In the "companyinput" user form, when a user "adds a new item to list" for either the Products, Strategic Relevance, or Distributors categories, the new item adds to the list, which currently updates correctly, however all previous selections are then unselected. Not a big deal, but I wouldnt want someone selecting 15 items, realizing something is not there, adding the item, and then having to go back and reselect everything again.

3. One final requirement...please no laughing at my previous code..as I said, this is my first week ever using VB, however I'm eating up too much time trying to crank through the more complicated items. Also, it would be great if whomever takes on this project would allow me to call them and give me a quick 15 minute run through of their code so I can try to go back and make sense of it later. Please get a hold of me with questions about the project and what timeline I can expect if you take it on. Please PM me with your phone number if you have specific questions. Thanks!

Database.zip

Re: USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database "filter","ammend",and "print-to-tearshe

I will have a look and revert in an hour if I would be able to take this up
    Cheers,

S M C

Click To Read: How To Use Tags In Your Threads/Posts
    Please take time to read Forum Rules before posting
    Message To Cross Posters

Comment

Re: USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database "filter","ammend",and "print-to-tearshe

Great, thank you!

Comment

1.b. Here, the entry field has drop down to chose the operators like >,=,< etc, text boxes to enter the data. Do you want this to be changed to drop downs also?
        Cheers,

S M C

Message To Cross Posters

Comment

Re: USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database &quot;filter&quot;,&quot;ammend&quot;,and &quot;print-to-tearshe

Also, what is the expected completion date or what is the amount of time you could give for completing this task?
          Cheers,

S M C

Message To Cross Posters

Comment

Re: USD $50.00 via Paypal. Complete database &quot;filter&quot;,&quot;ammend&quot;,and &quot;print-to-tearshe

SMC,

I would like the operators to remain as drop down selections. I would also like the text fields to be changed to drop down selections, however the source should be based only on existing data previously entered in the database. For example, if company x, y, and z with annual sales of 5, 10, 15, respectively, were already in the database, I would like the drop down in the filterform to only list those 3 available values as potential selections. If you think there is a better way of doing, I'm definitley open to suggestions. Thanks.

Comment

Done. Payment received. Thanks
              Cheers,

S M C

Message To Cross Posters

Comment

Trending

Collapse

• maichal
                auto generate id in user form save sale purchase data on sale & purchase sheet
                maichal
                i am add add sale transaction & add purchase transaction command button & the id was Auto generate in text box 1 if i am choose sale in combo box 1 than sale-001 id was Auto generate in text box 1 add the name in combo box 2 & click on add sale transaction command button the data was add on the sale sheet,if i am choose Purchase in combo box 1 than Purc-001 id was Auto generate in text box 1 add the name in combo box 2 & click on add Purchase transaction command button the data was add on the Purchase sheet, please solve this sir, after add the information in sale & purchase excel sheet, i am choose sale in combo box 1 the id was auto generate in id text box 1, than i am choose the name in combo box 2, if i am choose sale in combo box 1 than combo box 2 show only sale Customer...
                3 days ago
              • DiogoCuba
                US$20 to Automate Crew Roster
                DiogoCuba
                Hi, I have a Crew Roster that controls the crew changes of a certain vessel and I would like to automate it to avoid wasting time with manual copy and paste.

Anybody willing to help me?

Some of the actions I need:
                • Create a Pax list and a Flight Manifest based on the personnel assigned to embark and disembark;
                • Generate a Daily POB based on the names that are onboard (Including the dates of embark and a counter to count how many days the person is onboard);
                • Compare the Daily POB to a criteria to see if the safe manning is compliant or not;
                • Create a PAX LIST for the next 7 days automatically so that I can see who is crew change and who is not - this should be triggered based on the dates;
                • Auto generate Flight Manifest when I click a button and input the
                June 27th, 2017, 09:47
              Working...
              X