USD $60.00 Reconciliate two worksheet and display differences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD $60.00 Reconciliate two worksheet and display differences

6$ paid to ozgrid (transaction ID 9MV140662P067244U)

I would need a macro in the Reco.xlsx file that would open the workbooks Invoices.xlsx

Then, the macro should:
    - Filter column A of the invoices to take only "Invoice" entries
    - Match the column Account from Payments worksheet with the column Account from Invoices.xlsx
    - Match the column SubAccount from Payments worksheet with the column SubAccount from Invoices.xlsx (the format is slightly different: the account starts with xxx in the Invoices spreadsheet )
    - Compare the column Amount from Payments worksheet with the column Amount from Invoices.xlsx (a tolerance of 10% should be accepted, i.e 6,4 on the one hand and 6,7 on the other hand should be considered as matched)

=> Matched items should be displayed side by side on the reco.xlsx spreadsheet as shown
    - Any entry in one sheet that cannot be matched on the other sheet should appear in reco.xlsx as unmatched
    Attached Files

Re: USD $60.00 Reconciliate two worksheet and display differences

Hi

I will have a look at this one and get back to you.
    Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Comment

Okay it's clear. I will write the code.
      Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

For more Excel memes: visit http://www.wimgielis.com ==> English articles ==> Excel memes

-- Topics without [CODE] tags or a meaningful topic title, will be neglected by me (and probably many others as well) --

Comment

Very good, thanks !

Comment

Hello

I finished the code. I will send you a PM for the PayPal payment and upon receiving the funds I will upload my code.
          It's almost 2 AM here in Belgium so depending on how fast the payment is done, I could upload the solution tomorrow morning.
          Attached Files
          Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, funds received. Attached my coding. Can you give a try please ?
            2 remarks:
            - press Alt-F8 to go to the macro's. The workbook contains only 1 macro.
            - I removed the first empty row in the invoices sheet, and also some other empty rows/columns. This makes the code easier.
            Please also make sure the first empty row in the Invoices sheet is deleted before running the macro.
            Attached Files
            Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

Comment

Hello

Many thanks, it looks very good!
              I have some minor remarks:
              - I would like to be able to keep some rows on the top (I cannot really change input files)
              - the macro does not seem to reconcile the line 979.4€ from Invoices with the 970€ amount from the Payments sheet, although amounts are well within the 10% tolerance

Comment

Hello,

Okay, your call. But then range("A2") (which is cell A2) on the Invoices sheet is hardcoded in the VBA-code.
                I changed that one.
                Also, that 970 is matched now (probably it did not match if you have a blank row and did not change for Range("A2").
                Attached Files
                Regards,

Wigi

Excel MVP 2011-2014

Comment

Working...
                X