Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$120 - Need Help with a couple VBA codes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- in the database,I will assume that if you have more than 2 machines, you will create the column manually in the file:
    Yes for sure i will create the columns manually by myself in the database and includes the codes as necessary. I will follow on and learn from your codes so i will be able to include those.

- is it possible to have more than 1 mold (told) for one machine for the same day (because currently you only one 1 row per day in the database)
    Yes it is possible to have more than one mold or tool for one machine in a day. I will love that you include this into the design and coding please. I forgot about this. The maximum number of tools that we can have in a machine per day will be 3. So please you can include the code and columns to add that.

- if the users already save data in the database for one day, would there be case where they could save new data for the same day/machine/mold? in that case do you want the values in the database to be overwritten or added/average?
    This is a good point. I don't want the data to be written. But at the same time I intend for them to input the data at the end of their shift so that they are able to save just once. But like in the previous question, we can have at least 3 different tools in a machine per day. So please include space for 3 such that they can input 3 times for the 3 different molds in one day. But I intend for them to input these data at the end of their shift so that they save it just once.

- for part5 (weekly, monthly or yearly chart), if the user select monthly, I assume that the X axis would be the months (january to december). So you would need to ask for a start / end dates?
    Yes this is perfect.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other question. I really appreciate the time you are taking to work on this for me. Thanks so much.

Comment

But should in case they have to save it several times, yes it should rewrite the data for what they wrote before because it will be the same.

Comment

Hi,
        Based on your answers, I have a few more questions / comments:
        • 1. Considering that you can have more that one mold per machine per day, it would be better to modify the "Weight Database Layout" in a way where there would be one column for the machine number and could be multiple rows for the same days. By doing this you have a "flat" database and you will not need to create columns every time that you add a new machine or mold. This is a much better design, however, it will not look as nice for the user. See example attached
        • 2. Let's say that :
          • on Monday, the user save data for Machine 31-Mold B
          • on Tuesday he works on Machine 31 - Mold C
          • etccc
          • on Friday, he goes back to Machine 31 - Mold B
        • Do you want the data from Monday to be shown on the input sheet (for Machine 31 - Mold B)? In other words, when a Machine-Mold is selected, do you want data from the previous days on the current week to be fetched from the database and shown on the input sheet?

Thanks,
        Attached Files

Comment

Precision with respect to comment #2 from my previous post: It would not possible to fetch previous data since the individual measurement values are not saved to the database
          Only the shift average and the tolerance could be fetch from the database (if you need it)

Comment

Sorry for the late reply

Comment

Hi,
              Based on your answers, I have a few more questions / comments:
              • 1. Considering that you can have more that one mold per machine per day, it would be better to modify the "Weight Database Layout" in a way where there would be one column for the machine number and could be multiple rows for the same days. By doing this you have a "flat" database and you will not need to create columns every time that you add a new machine or mold. This is a much better design, however, it will not look as nice for the user. See example attached
              Yes for sure we can modify the database so that it includes that. I just reviewed the example you sent. It looks good that way.

Let me send you what I am thinking about.

Comment

As you see in this picture attached, we can create 3 different column sections for the same machine which will represent the 3 different times that we can do a mold change. I want the dates and days to be fixed so that it is easier to search the database.
                Attached Files

Comment

I will love to do a video call with you so that I share my screen and explain everything better to you. Is this something you will like to do?

Comment

We can use zoom. it will be easier for me to explain that way so that I clear all your thoughts. I am free the whole day so please let me know if you can do this and I will call.

Comment

Please please can we do a zoom call? please.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I am away from my computer this afternoon and will only get back home later tonight.
                        I looked at your picture and understand what you want. I have an idea which, I think, will be a good compromise: there will be a tab with a "flat" database to save the data. which will make it easier for calculations, charts, etc.... and I will create a macro to generate the "nice looking" database that you propose with 3 sets of columns for each machine.

Comment

Ok . Thanks so much. Please will you be able to get done with this by tomorrow ?

Comment

Hi,
                            I have the file ready for you, I will send you the payment details via PM and send you the file when payment is received.
                            Thanks

Comment

OK for sure. Have you sent the payment details already?

Comment

OK I have seen the message . Since I already paid the first 10$, that means I have to send you $110 right? Please confirm this with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X