Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox Box selects day for entry

Hello All,

Absolute VBA Noob here and have spent the last week or so trying to get this to work and for the life of me I can't and I think its a bit too much for me but still something I want to know how to do as I've seen it done by somebody I used to know.

Basically, my Aim is to have a Excel document where users will select the 'Day' from the dropdown box and it will allow them to enter sales data into that day and if the user changes to a different day it will save that information into a table on a different sheet and allow then to then access the information for that day and so on and so on. Also when the user selects a day that already had information enter it will 'pull' that information that the sheet back into the entry sheet.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense at all.

I have already tried and can get the Macro to Copy and paste the information into what is selected next but not into the day that was selected. (For example I change from day 1 to day 2, it copies and pastes the information into day 2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1214731Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1214732

Images above give a bit more detail, So user selects dropdown in H5 for date, enters information between I8:I16 and it is then saved on Sheet 2 under the correct date.

Any help would be great, many thanks.

Attached Files

Pictures
    Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.
    Alan

Did you debug your code first? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx
    FORUM RULES----->http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/announcement.php?f=8

If someone has helped you, say "thank you" by clicking on the Like Button.

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply, I have attached a Sample of the document i currently have, its nowhere near finished yet and still got loads more to add and define but can't get anywhere until I've got past this.

I have changed items to remove items but doesn't affect what the outcome should be, I'm currently using V Lookups to retrieve the date back into the Entry sheet but I can't figure out how if the user changes that on the entry sheet, it will update it on the Data Collection sheet (which will be hidden at the end of the project)

Hope this helps?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I don't think your spreadsheet layout / approach is going to accomplish want you want.

The way I would approach this is to create a VBA Userform for the data entry which you then use to update a worksheet on a row by row basis. Trying to do it on a column basis which you are doing presently is more complex. Also by doing it on a row by row basis the only restraint you have is the maximum number of rows that your version of excel will support.

I can post some sample code to update a worksheet from a UserForm if that will help let me know.

Regards,

Tom Rowe...

Comment

Working...
        X