Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Text Box Values to each pasted range of Cells in Worksheet

Happy Holidays All:

Trying to paste some text box values from a form onto a spreadsheet but only where a pasted range of values has been placed.

Scenario:

1. User clicks a command button to start Entry.
    2. The form pops up with pre-populated text box values.
    3. User enters comments in an empty text box
    4. User clicks submit button to record the transaction.

At step 4 from this point the form will copy the values that were pre-selected before the form was initialized and paste them into a designated worksheet called "ACTIVITYLOG" (which it is doing)
    THEN it should paste all the text box values from the form into the columns adjacent to the pasted values which I can't get it to do. This needs to happen for each transaction without overwriting the previous transactions.

The code resides within the form as follows:

Sub MoveToLog()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'STEP 1: Copy and paste filtered range of cells from other worksheet to Activity Log worksheet...THIS PART WORKS FINE.

With Sheets("ENTERPRISE")
    Range("ENTERPRISE[ID],ENTERPRISE[Risk Score],ENTERPRISE[Due Date],ENTERPRISE[Due In Days]").Copy '<----- Add ranges as required
    Sheets("ACTIVITYLOG").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
    End With
    '-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'STEP 2: Copy textbox values from form into empty cells adjacent to pasted range from above (starting in column E then column D, etc) HERE'S MY STICKING POINT.

With Sheets("ACTIVITYLOG")
    Do
    If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = False Then
    .Range("A2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 4).Value = TextBox1.Value '<---goes to first empty cell in column E next to first pasted row of data and should copy down to last pasted row of data
    .Range("A2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 6).Value = TextBox2.Value '<---goes to first empty cell in column F next to first pasted row of data and should copy down to last pasted row of data
    .Range("A2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 7).Value = TextBox3.Value '<---goes to first empty cell in column G next to first pasted row of data and should copy down to last pasted row of data
    .Range("A2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 8).Value = TextBox4.Value '<---goes to first empty cell in column H next to first pasted row of data and should copy down to last pasted row of data
    .Range("A2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 9).Value = TextBox5.Value '<---goes to first empty cell in column I next to first pasted row of data and should copy down to last pasted row of data
    End If
    Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True
    End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Any insights would be helpful!

Thank you

Hey Taylor,
    If you are closing the form before trying to set the cell values textbox values no longer exist, I do not know if that is what is happening in your case though. I usually hide the form and unload on finish so that the values are always available. I also reference the form directly as in .Range("A2")..... = Form1.TextBox1.Value because as I understand it in a with loop the information from the form is not available without direct reference.

Comment

Happy New Year Bigfoot.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it shot.

Comment

Hello Taylor,

Have you tried to reference the form directly? I've been doing my project (automation of the Excel tool for a service desk queries tracker) and need to copy the content from a textbox to another worksheet row. What is the easiest way to do this?

Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X