Calculate Time Difference In Decimal Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculate Time Difference In Decimal Time

I've got a time difference from 8:00AM - 12:30PM as 4.30 I'm trying to get the minutes, .30, converted into a 6 minute increment, .5. Is it possible to do this and if so how would it be done? Below is a chart of how the time is converted from 6 minutes increments into decimal form. Thank You.

6 = 0.1 36 = 0.6
    12 = 0.2 42 = 0.7
    18 = 0.3 48 = 0.8
    24 = 0.4 54 = 0.9
    30 = 0.5 60 = 1.0

Re: Convert Difference Of Minutes Calced Into 6 Minute Increments

What is it that you want? I don't follow...

8:00 AM
    8:06 AM
    ======
    =((A2-A1)*1440)/60

...will result in 0.10

Comment

I would like the difference between 8:00AM and 12:30PM, which is 4 hours and 30 minutes (4.30). The minutes in this .30 I would like to convert into .50. I think I just need to figure out a formula that divides just the minutes by 6 but display the decimal. If I had a number of 4 hours and 24 minutes (4.24) I would like it to display as 4.4. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Umm, 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM equals 4.5 hours, not 4.3 and 4 hours and 24 minutes is not 4.24, it's 4.4; there isn't 100 minutes in an hour.

I've also already provided you the formula

Comment

That works. ThanX!!!

Comment

If you wish to continue using this free service.

Please be considerate of others who use the forum for searching. Your current Thread Title (which I will change) is non-reflective of what you are wanting to do.

In future, please take 1 minute of your time to read the text on the New Thread page.

Please take just 3 mins of your time to read: How To Get Your Question Answered...FAST! AND Anatomy Of A Good Thread Title

REMEMBER: Your thread title should NEVER be what you THINK is your answer. 9 times out 10 it will wrong and prevent someone from finding a solution to a simliar issue.

Comment

Working...
            X