Macro To Clear Rows On Another Sheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro To Clear Rows On Another Sheet

I have a macro that copies data into another sheet (OR) from sheet1 (EDS) but as I don't want the data added from the last row I want it to overwrite and clear any data that was there before. However I still want to keep my headings which occupy rows 1 and 2.

This is the code I was using...
    Code:
    Sheets("OR").Select
        Rows("2:30").Select
        Selection.ClearContents
        Sheets("EDS").Select
    This is pretty inefficent but it works. I don't want to make a new macro I like keeping it inserted in my current one. However I couldn't figure out how to get it to delete the rows past row 2 (it could go to infinity but I don't think there will ever be more than 30 rows of data).

Re: Simply Way To Clear Or Delete Rows In Another Sheet Without Switching Sheets

Code:
    Sheet1.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Offset(2, 0).ClearContents
    This line replaces the first three lines in your code.
    Change "Sheet1" to the actual sheet code name for "OR" in your workbook.
    AAE
    ----------------------------------------------------

Forum Rules | Message to Cross Posters | How to use Tags

Comment

Re: Simply Way To Clear Or Delete Rows In Another Sheet Without Switching Sheets

In this method, I assumed that column A was the more contiguous data. You can be on any sheet and run this.
      Code:
      Sub SetData()
        Dim s1 As Range, s2 As Range
        Set s1 = Worksheets("EDS").Range("A3", _
          Worksheets("EDS").Range("A3", Worksheets("EDS").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).Offset(0, 1))
        Set s2 = Worksheets("OR").Range("A3", _
          Worksheets("OR").Range("A3", Worksheets("OR").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).Offset(0, 1))

s2.ClearContents
        s1.Copy s2
      End Sub

Comment

It's not clear which range in "EDS" is being copied to "OR".
        If that range is sourceRange, this will clear all of "OR" except for the first two rows and copy sourceRange's data (not formats or formulas) to OR!A3.

Code:
        Dim temp as Variant
        With Sheet("OR")
            temp = .Range("1:2").Value
            .Cells.ClearContents
            .Range("1:2").Value = temp
            .Range("A3").Resize(sourceRange.Rows.Count, sourceRange.Columns.Count) = sourceRange.Value
        End with

Comment

thanks for the replies guys I got it working very well now, I do appreciate it.

At least I can check it off my list.
          Last edited by Dave Hawley; August 13th, 2008, 10:38.

Comment

Re: Macro To Clear Rows On Another Sheet

gwp501,

Please take just 3 mins of your time to read: How To Get Your Question Answered...FAST! AND Anatomy Of A Good Thread Title
            Reafidy

Forum Rules | Anatomy Of A Good Thread Title | What Have You Tried So Far? | Are You A Cross Poster?

Comment

am I looking for something specific? A rule I violated or toe I stepped on?

Comment

Im guessing you havnt actually read the links.

I pointed you two a thread named "anotomy of a good thread title" does that not give it away?

Imagine if every one put "simply way" in their thread title when wanting help, the search engine would be useless.
                Reafidy

Forum Rules | Anatomy Of A Good Thread Title | What Have You Tried So Far? | Are You A Cross Poster?

Comment

Working...
                X