Add-ins Tab/Ribbon Missing 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-ins Tab/Ribbon Missing 2007

I am a very basic user so bear with me. I imported an Excel spreadsheet from a computer running an older version of Excel to my computer with Excel 2007. I opened up the specially designed add-ins tab and started a new worksheet which I then saved. When the programme was closed and re-opened, the add-ins tab was missing so I could not continue working on my new file.

Is this a compatibility issue between the versions of Excel (yet everything worked fine when freshly opened)? Following the help instructions I could not recover the bespoke add-in tab.

Any ideas how I get this back each time I open the file? It is important I get the bespoke add-ins as they are designed to input runners taking part in a race and working out the results afterwards in various categories.

Thank you.

Re: Add-ins Tab Missing When Worksheet Re-opened

Can you clarify what you mean by this:
    I opened up the specially designed add-ins tab and started a new worksheet
    as it doesn't mean anything to me. Are you talking about the Add-ins tab on the ribbon? If that has disappeared, then I suspect you have macros disabled.
    Rory
    Theory is when you know something, but it doesnít work. Practice is when something works, but you donít know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they donít know why

Comment

Re: Add-ins Tab Missing When Worksheet Re-opened

Right click on any grey unused area of any Ribbon and choose "Customize Quick Access Toolbar".

OR, from the help.

Load or unload add-in programs

There are different types of add-in programs for Microsoft Office Excel that provide optional commands and features:

Excel add-ins, such as the Analysis ToolPak and the Solver Add-in, are available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel.

Additional add-ins for Excel can be downloaded from Downloads on Microsoft Office Online.

Developers and solution providers usually design custom Component Object Model (COM) add-ins (COM add-in: A supplemental program that extends the capabilities of a Microsoft Office program by adding custom commands and specialized features. COM add-ins can run in one or more Office programs. COM add-ins use the file name extension .dll or .exe.) and automation add-ins.

You must load an add-in before you can use it. After loading the add-in, the add-in program and its commands are available in one of the following locations:

Data tab. The Analysis ToolPak and Solver Add-in are displayed in the Analysis group.

Formulas tab. The Conditional Sum Wizard, Euro Currency Tools, Eurotool, and Lookup Wizard are displayed in the Solutions group.

Add-Ins tab. The Add-Ins tab is added to the Ribbon, a component of the Microsoft Office Fluent user, when you load the first add-in for that tab. If you don't see the Add-Ins tab, you should exit Excel and restart it.

Comment

Re: Add-ins Tab/Ribbon Missing 2007

Thank you both - have learned lessons here. It seems I have to open the main file and then the worksheet within it and the add-in tab is there on the ribbon. I can't just open the worksheet on its own. Sorry to have bothered you but thanks for your assistance anyway!

Jeraldo

Comment

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X