This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countif With Specialcells?

I have a list of data, filtered. I need to sum the filtered list...no problem...but I also need to count the number of claims that make up the sum. Problem here is the filtered list may contain claims with zero liability...in which case I do not want to count it as a claim.

To sum I'm using this code:
    Code:
                Value = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Columns(8).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible))
    And I tried using this code to count only the filtered rows that have a value greater than 0:
    Code:

bytclaims = WorksheetFunction.Countif(Columns(8).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible),">0")
    Does anyone have a solution? I'm in a pinch, as I just noticed this & I have to have it ready for tomorrow.

Thank you for the time...

Re: Countif With Specialcells?

Hi,

Dim vcRng   As String

vcRng = Range("h1", Range("h" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Address(0, 0)
    bytclaims = Evaluate("sumproduct(subtotal(3,offset(" & vcRng & ",row(" & vcRng & _
    ")-row(h1),,1)),--(" & vcRng & ">0))")
    MsgBox bytclaims

HTH
    Kris

ExcelFox

Comment

Yes, that helped a lot. Thank you very much.

...I'll figure out how it works, tomorrow once I'm all done.

Comment

Code:
        "Dim vcRng   As String
        vcRng = Range("h1", Range("h" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).Address(0, 0)
        bytclaims = Evaluate("sumproduct(subtotal(3,offset(" & vcRng & ",row(" & vcRng & _  ")-row(h1),,1)),--(" & vcRng & ">0))")
        MsgBox bytclaims "
        Hi: How can i sum word instead of a number For example: -(" & vcRng & " =TEST))")
        Last edited by AAE; January 27th, 2013, 22:30. Reason: reformat code, add code tags

Comment

Hello amdas,

Welcome to Ozgrid.
          Glad tohave you here, however, please read the forum rules.

Do not post your question in threads started by others - - this is known as thread hijacking.
          Always start a new thread for *YOUR* question. If you find it helpful to clarify your needs you can include a link to this ( or any other ) thread.

When starting a new thread be sure to give it a search-friendly title that aptly describes your need.

Also,

All VBA code posted in the forum must be wrapped in code tags, which you omitted, including single-line code snippets.
          I've added the tags for you this time only. Be sure to use them in future posts.

How to use code tags

[code]
          your code goes between these tags
          [/code]

Or, just highlight all of the code and press the # button to add the code tags
          AAE
          ----------------------------------------------------

Forum Rules | Message to Cross Posters | How to use Tags

Comment

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X