Vlookup With 2 Conditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlookup With 2 Conditions

=VLOOKUP(A2,MATT_INUP!A$2:B$10000,2,FALSE)
    But I would also like it to make sure it finds the one that has a "0" in MATT_INUP!$D$2:$D$10000

I made the formula below, but it wont work. Im not sure why it looks good to me?!

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$D$10000,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$A$10000=A2)*(MATT_INUP!$D$2:$D$10000="0"),0),4)

btw...i did the ctl shift enter

Re: Vlookup With 2 Conditions

Is it a text "0" that you are searching for, if not it would need to look for numeric 0 - no quotes. Try:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2=MATT_INUP!A$2:A$10000)*(MATT_INUP!B$2:B$10000)*(0=MATT_INUP!D$2:D$10000))

or

=SUMPRODUCT((A2=MATT_INUP!A$2:A$10000)*(MATT_INUP!B$2:B$10000)*("0"=MATT_INUP!D$2:D$10000))

Comment

i still cant get that to work

i posted a quick little example....
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, SUMPRODUCT won't work, because column B is not numeric. So you do need to use INDEX/MATCH/MATCH.

Comment

ive been staring at this formula thinking of where to put the match/match...
          yea i have no idea how to do that one.

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$D$10000,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$A$10000=A2)*(MATT_INUP!$D$2:$D$10000="0"),0),4)

now sure how to setup that second match?

Comment

Because you have duplicates in column A, the concatenated index/match method is best. See the attachment. You can hide the new column E.
            Attached Files

Comment

If you want a formula in D2 to just find the first row where MATT_INUP!A$2:A$11 = A2 and where MATT_INUP!D$2:D$11 = 0 and return the corresponding value from MATT_INUP!B$2:B$11 then one way, without helper columns, is

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!B$2:B$11,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!A$2:A$11=A2)*(MATT_INUP!D$2:D$11=0),0))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

edit:....actually that isn't too far from the formula you suggested in your first post, that would work too, except you need to lose the quotes around 0 (because the zeroes aren't text) and the 4 at the end should be a 2 (because you want to return the value from the 2nd column of the range, column B, not the 4th)...so your formula then would be

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$D$10000,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$A$10000=A2)*(MATT_INUP!$D$2:$D$10000=0),0),2)
              Last edited by daddylonglegs; June 26th, 2007, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by ByTheCringe2
                Because you have duplicates in column A, the concatenated index/match method is best. See the attachment. You can hide the new column E.
                this worked but i want to mess with it some more and try the other guys example before posting back in case I have a question...kinda got working on a different report before i can go back to this one...

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by daddylonglegs
                    If you want a formula in D2 to just find the first row where MATT_INUP!A$2:A$11 = A2 and where MATT_INUP!D$2:D$11 = 0 and return the corresponding value from MATT_INUP!B$2:B$11 then one way, without helper columns, is

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!B$2:B$11,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!A$2:A$11=A2)*(MATT_INUP!D$2:D$11=0),0))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

edit:....actually that isn't too far from the formula you suggested in your first post, that would work too, except you need to lose the quotes around 0 (because the zeroes aren't text) and the 4 at the end should be a 2 (because you want to return the value from the 2nd column of the range, column B, not the 4th)...so your formula then would be

=INDEX(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$D$10000,MATCH(1,(MATT_INUP!$A$2:$A$10000=A2)*(MATT_INUP!$D$2:$D$10000=0),0),2)

yea this one seems to work pretty good. Thank you, ill add this to my notes to use on double column references in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X